It Was Sergio's Master's Week, Enjoy Chris!

Harbourton

Some unknown will put his name on the leaderboard at the Masters after the first day-any guesses? However, not to destroy the entertainment of the first three days and a half, the back nine on Sunday is the defining story as witnessed last year when Jordan Speith threw the tournament away by hitting two balls in the water on the short 12th hole. Also I imagine the ghost of Palmer will be haunting the grounds. Pimento sandwich is still only $1.50.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harbourton said:

Some unknown will put his name on the leaderboard at the Masters after the first day-any guesses? However, not to destroy the entertainment of the first three days and a half, the back nine on Sunday is the defining story as witnessed last year when Jordan Speith threw the tournament away by hitting two balls in the water on the short 12th hole. Also I imagine the ghost of Palmer will be haunting the grounds. Pimento sandwich is still only $1.50.

Only place I know that doesn't gouge the fans at the concessions stands. The unknown will shoot a 76 on the second day.  Rain may be a problem on Thursday.

• Like 1

I'll be there on Friday. Prices are from the 80's, and I've never had a pimento cheese sandwich before. 

Supposed to play golf Wed and Thursday. I know Wed should be decent weather, Thursday is the iffy day, might go to the hospitality suite that day and just hang out, Friday is my day at the Masters. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, cbelke said:

I'll be there on Friday. Prices are from the 80's, and I've never had a pimento cheese sandwich before. 

Supposed to play golf Wed and Thursday. I know Wed should be decent weather, Thursday is the iffy day, might go to the hospitality suite that day and just hang out, Friday is my day at the Masters. 

Much more hilly than you see on TV. Interesting difference between players that believe you should play the tournament before the Masters and those that would rather practice. If I were in the mix, I would rather be in the heat of competition than playing practice rounds.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

You know the announcers are going to call it "cold".  Looks breezy/windy. 

I arrive Wed. morning, and golf Palmetto at 2 PM. Supposed to be humid and 82 degrees. Thursday  is a 10 AM tee time at Cobblestone with rain in the morning and around 71 degrees, then it gets really cold on Friday at 65 degrees. Going to get a full range of weather in three days down there. Should be interesting to say the least. Shorts and polo shirt to pants and jacket.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Lol, 65 to me if golfing is shorts weather. I know a difference if you are standing and watching. The coldest winters I ever experienced were the Marches I spent watching our daughter play soccer.

I'm the same way. I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of walking on Friday so I will be warm enough. Doesn't take much for me to sweat.  The goal is to take the absolute minimum and still be comfortable.  I might wear shorts, but it's supposed to be in the mid 40'September in the morning.  

Still got a few days to figure it out.

Re the GFS MOS - Here is a Georgia 06z GFS sounding for Thurs PM. Surface heating can access 50 knots so should be very gusty and cool. Friday while not as bad also will have gusty winds. I'll take the over on scores.

augustasounding.png

Looking at weather for Wednesday and now it looks like the rain/storms will happen around 1 PM ET through Thursday morning. Looks like it may wipe out my Palmetto Golf Course debut and possible the Par 3 Tournament as well. The storms push through and the temps drop about 18 degrees on Thursday and Friday, but it looks clear, however could be breezy as well.

What are my chances of my plane landing  on time in Columbia, SC tomorrow morning at 10:30 AM ET?  I'm thinking weather travel delay and possible thunderstorm around that time and rain/thunder all afternoon. Fingers and toes crossed that I can get there on time.