Severe threat - July 27th

dryslotted

Lightning and thunder steadily increasing just south of Pottstown. Heaviest precipitation is to my west. Lights have already flickered so I'm hoping they hold out for the night. Radar indicates there could be some hail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lightning and thunder steadily increasing just south of Pottstown. Heaviest precipitation is to my west. Lights have already flickered so I'm hoping they hold out for the night. Radar indicates there could be some hail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm stuck in Delco :(. But my weather station is online so I will be curious as to how much rain falls. Anyways, lots of Ning here in Drexel hill and some rumbles of thunder. Your town looks to get crushed with that blob moving over and just south of ptw.

Heaviest cells staying just west of Phoenixville. Some rain here, but moderate. Local lightning but infrequent; perhaps one a minute or less.

Spectacular light show to the north and west however, probably once every 5-10 seconds. Looks like Pottstown and environs are taking the brunt.

edited to add: Looks like all that's gonna' change soon ... lot'sa red on radar about to move right over us.

This time, seems to be the top half of ChesCo getting hit; Kennett Sq and Oxford appear untouched.

Heaviest cells staying just west of Phoenixville. Some rain here, but moderate. Local lightning but infrequent; perhaps one a minute or less.

Spectacular light show to the north and west however, probably once every 5-10 seconds. Looks like Pottstown and environs are taking the brunt.

edited to add: Looks like all that's gonna' change soon ... lot'sa red on radar about to move right over us.

yea you are going to get blasted with some hvy rain

yea you are going to get blasted with some hvy rain

Ya' got that right ... now Biblical proportion and all that.  'Ning has diminished in frequency,  but closer. More coming.

Vis < 1/4 mile, little wind. Had two brief power drops but back on and holding.

Appears to be some ponding and heavy runoff on roads.

ChesCo and MontCo Fire/EMS dispatches about average for the situation.