Rocky III, The Knockout Blow?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a night.... thanks as always to Tom, Irish, Tony, Mitch etc for your invaluable insights!!!!

I don't have anything of meteorological value to add to this forum, but before things get even crazier I wanted to thank all of you for posting the maps, summarizing what they mean and what the implic

Well I was backtracking, it looks like all of the energy players are within raob range come the 12z run on Saturday. So right now the Victoria's Secret catalog is coming in the mail. On Satu

2 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

from twit

TW_12_44333334.jpg

Looking at Sv maps, looks extremely sleety for PHL. Not what you wanted to see if you live along i95. I gotta imagine those maps from true weather counting sleet as snow @10:1 ratios. Sleet is 3:1 roughly.

1 minute ago, Seanvolz98 said:

There will probably be a battle ground that sets up where one area could see double a location 10 miles away

That battleground looks like everyone within 10 miles of I-95 on both sides. Small shifts could mean a ton in terms of accumulations. But 7" of snow and 2" of sleet isnt something to be taken lightly that will be brutal for the road crews and power lines. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Mitchg said:

I want to see the EC thermal profile on wxbell. 850 on our maps never makes to PHL but gets very close. 

Warmest frame @24. Not sure if thickness is in response to warm lawyer between 859-925(remains below 0 on 6 hour panels btw). Or it's above 850

IMG_2758.PNG

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Mitchg said:

I want to see the EC thermal profile on wxbell. 850 on our maps never makes to PHL but gets very close. 

Yea you need to see inbetween hours, thats when the warming occurs. I bet phl goes above though. I know VAY goes above at 700

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

it looks like phl is all snow through hr 24, then after that is the question. But through 24 hrs it's 1" qpf

The GEM changed phl between 21 and 24. The euro looks a little slower than the other models.

3 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

The GEM changed phl between 21 and 24. The euro looks a little slower than the other models.

The euro may be close to that too. I dunno till I see a sounding of it.

9 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

it looks like phl is all snow through hr 24, then after that is the question. But through 24 hrs it's 1" qpf

We have hourly in the bufkit for the NAM, need it for the other models. VAY 12z sounding is a field goal off the crossbars and awkwardly in. 

2 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mitchg said:

We have hourly in the bufkit for the NAM, need it for the other models. VAY 12z sounding is a field goal off the crossbars and awkwardly in. 

Yea it's a tough forecast for you guys around i95