Rocky III, The Knockout Blow?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a night.... thanks as always to Tom, Irish, Tony, Mitch etc for your invaluable insights!!!!

I don't have anything of meteorological value to add to this forum, but before things get even crazier I wanted to thank all of you for posting the maps, summarizing what they mean and what the implic

Well I was backtracking, it looks like all of the energy players are within raob range come the 12z run on Saturday. So right now the Victoria's Secret catalog is coming in the mail. On Satu

2 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

you can add ukmet to that too. Though it looks like it's a little more tucked in lol. But it has more phasing with northern stream which cold negate that

Yeah that is a little NE. Will be interesting to see what the euro does.

1 minute ago, anthonyweather said:

Where do you come up with this stuff I assume you're talking about the Canadian it's probably 25 miles west of its 0 Z placement

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

It's sarcasm.  If anything we're seeing the models come in faster with the development of the H85 low and that's stopping the southerly flow, keeping 95 snow for longer (h/t to Tombo). 

15 minutes ago, Mitchg said:

Hopefully no complaints about a changeover after 17 inches ;)

And that 17 inches will take longer to melt than the 24 inches with the sleet content.

From a met on American "This run looks better, actually. The 850mb low is still offshore and more compact. The fact that it's directly above the surface low essentially means that the storm has peaked in intensity and has drawn a lot of dynamic cooling. I'd be willing to bet it's colder at 850mb than last run and still plenty wet."

46 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

nbc10, i think the max range slid a little south/east from what i remember?

C6z5BynVwAA6Yhk.jpg:large

I actually think this map is quite good.  Might be some accums greater than 20 inches in the Lehigh Valley (I would have made the pink 15" to 24"), but otherwise it looks solid at this time.

17 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

Where do you come up with this stuff I assume you're talking about the Canadian it's probably 25 miles west of its 0 Z placement

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

I'm hoping Tiburon's sarcasm pans out.  ;)

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, jrodd321 said:

From a met on American "This run looks better, actually. The 850mb low is still offshore and more compact. The fact that it's directly above the surface low essentially means that the storm has peaked in intensity and has drawn a lot of dynamic cooling. I'd be willing to bet it's colder at 850mb than last run and still plenty wet."

Which model?

Total amateur look here--At hour 27 above, the center isobar seems to flatten out after being more circle-ish to a straight W-->E look.  It also looks like the next panel has much more of an easterly motion of the low center. 

Questions:

1) Is this due to the interaction between NS SW and SS SW?

2) Does this have implications to surface conditions (i.e. the slightly colder look overall)?

Verbatim, this looks amazing for those N&W of 95--that 546 thickness and the 0C line never cross the Delaware.

EDIT: at least on the maps shown. 

Last question--why do the maps from different sources look so different?