Over/under on highest temps before end of February

BeerandWXTogether

3 hours ago, phlwx said:

Yesterday was an impressive overperformer. Gotta love the pre-greening torch days that blow MOS and raw data out of the park.

Its a season to itself between now and April. On sunny days one could almost always just add 5F to them and be closer nearly all of the time. (One might still be too low).

Some pretty ridiculous temps the next few days on the meso models. Mid to upper 70s in the hot spots with 850s around +10 /925s around +14 Friday.

Seems obtainable as long as backdoor front stays over New England.

Time to put a wager on an 80 spot?

image.png

1 hour ago, Parsley said:

Some pretty ridiculous temps the next few days on the meso models. Mid to upper 70s in the hot spots with 850s around +10 /925s around +14 Friday.

Seems obtainable as long as backdoor front stays over New England.

Time to put a wager on an 80 spot?

image.png

I'd think we'd fall short, but DC, some locale west of Chesapeake Bay wouldnt be surprised at all.  I pretty much would go for the straight 10/15C @ PHL with 77.  Never know if the Delaware River itself would cost PHL this insane opportunity.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

I'd think we'd fall short, but DC, some locale west of Chesapeake Bay wouldnt be surprised at all.  I pretty much would go for the straight 10/15C @ PHL with 77.  Never know if the Delaware River itself would cost PHL this insane opportunity.

Yeah, I'm hoping the lack of foliage and drier ground can help give temps an added boost but I guess an isolated 80 spot might be getting greedy with "only" +10 aloft.  We shall see. 

16 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Also another thing to consider is there could be some marine junk to in the mornings. Depends how fast that burns off too 

Yeah 76-80 would require near perfect torch conditions. Nam has the junk lifting NE between 12z-15z and every hour matters. 

image.png

image.png

• Like 1