1/22/17-1/24/17 OBS: Batten down the hatches

Qtown Snow

Check out the current radar spin in the precip just south of Chattanooga TN!!

Tabernacle, NJ - Wind isn't mixing down to the surface, but I can hear it roaring here. I guess it'll get a good bit more gusty after sunrise. 

Also, we'be been under a rain band for a while now giving light rain. Does anyone know what's making the bands like the one that's overhead? There was one yesterday afternoon as well.

1 hour ago, Treckasec said:

Tabernacle, NJ - Wind isn't mixing down to the surface, but I can hear it roaring here. I guess it'll get a good bit more gusty after sunrise. 

Also, we'be been under a rain band for a while now giving light rain. Does anyone know what's making the bands like the one that's overhead? There was one yesterday afternoon as well.

I thought I was imagining that! I really thought last night that I could hear the wind being above the surface, and was trying to figure out why it wasn't affecting the ground. 

Then thought, that can't be how it works! No way. 

Curious to hear anyone else's answer.

Heard some wind roar before my alarm went off at 5am. Hit the road for my drive to NY (just east of JFK) at about 5:30 in just a slight spitting rain, glad I was able to outrun the storm as I drove north and avoid any meaningful rain, which would have just made the already awful traffic even worse. It was mostly dry by the time I got to Staten Island and is dry here in Valley Stream. Will be here until Wed so won't have to drive back in it. Hopefully I will experience even more effects of the storm from here, being at a more eastern longitude, closer to the coast, and also working on the 5th floor of an office building!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk