Favorite Christmas Song(s)

tombo82685

I can't find a working youtube link, but Johnny Mathis' version of "The Christmas Song" (Chestnuts roasting...) has always been my favorite. I can remember that album playing on Christmas Eve many years after things had quieted down, with the rooms lit only by the tree and other Christmas lights. Very happy and content childhood memories associated with that... I smile when I recall the "stereo" had an 8-track player, and was as long as a small pickup lol...

I chuckled the other day hearing Dean Martin singing the male part of "Baby It's Cold Outside" thinking there's no escaping Deano in that situation...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dryslotted said:

I can't find a working youtube link, but Johnny Mathis' version of "The Christmas Song" (Chestnuts roasting...) has always been my favorite. I can remember that album playing on Christmas Eve many years after things had quieted down, with the rooms lit only by the tree and other Christmas lights. Very happy and content childhood memories associated with that... I smile when I recall the "stereo" had an 8-track player, and was as long as a small pickup lol...

I chuckled the other day hearing Dean Martin singing the male part of "Baby It's Cold Outside" thinking there's no escaping Deano in that situation...

That was the video I was going to post, but Johnny Mercer's a lot less...intimidating. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Pentatonix has a pretty solid Christmas album. Their version of the little drummer boy is good

Yes.  We just tripped over their special last week, didnt even realize it was on.  Of course you beat me to posting Little Drummer Boy. :bye: If my elbow wasnt bothering me so much, I think Jo would be ready to go hide our acoustic guitar, its the only Christmas song I attempt to "play" on it.

5 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

Yes.  We just tripped over their special last week, didnt even realize it was on.  Of course you beat me to posting Little Drummer Boy. :bye: If my elbow wasnt bothering me so much, I think Jo would be ready to go hide our acoustic guitar, its the only Christmas song I attempt to "play" on it.

I thought she was going to ask you to beat box

36 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I would of thought your Top Christmas song would of been this

I was called the heat mizer in college, (1978-1983, outside of two blockbuster storms, nothing much else happened), does he have a theme song?  I don't watch; what is it, the year without a Christmas?

used to know to post youtube videos but not seeing the options now.....

we'll go with a manual list:

• Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charlie Brown Christmas, can't just listen to one song - need to play the entire album
  • Gene Autry - Here comes Santa Claus
  • Perry Como - There's no place like home for the Holidays
  • Like 1