The 30's Club

Qtown Snow

36.5 in NW Chesco.     No frost that I saw, but then again it was rather dark when I left.     Didn't cover the volunteer tomatoes and the banana

trees are still unsheltered - should be good for a while yet.

Reminiscing yesterday about 1979 when 3 inches of snow fell with a high temperature of 33 degrees.

3 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

34 in gilly this morning. You can see the frost on the grass in my backyard cam shot. Be curious to see how broccoli and sprouts held up

image.png

We got down to 29, and mine held up well. They're cold hardy so it takes a lot to kill them. Plus, they taste better after a frost or freeze. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

37F, didn't see any frost, good now to maybe get two more weeks out of this growing season.

Might have to watch out for Saturday morning. The gfs, which killed the euro in 2m temps this morning outside the city is colder saturday morning than what it had for this morning. 

34 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Might have to watch out for Saturday morning. The gfs, which killed the euro in 2m temps this morning outside the city is colder saturday morning than what it had for this morning. 

I was just going to ask when the next frost chances might be. After that?

2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

lol I think I have gotten literally 500 so far maybe more. Probably have another 200-300 on the plants right now. 

How many plants did you put in?

BTW GFS 2m temps for VAY about the same as this morning.  The heavy rain didn't hurt us, so we won't have that.  They did have frost this morning in Evesham Twp.