Fall Banter Thread

Rainshadow

Just now, dryslotted said:

I hear you, I was thinking longer term...Once the calendar flips to September, I start thinking (wishing?) Fall thoughts...

Lol. I thought you were talking about the 90s coming back in style after Hermine.  These diurnal sounding run swings are pretty frustrating, its not as if this is 6, 7, 8 days away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainshadow said:

Lol. I thought you were talking about the 90s coming back in style after Hermine.  These diurnal sounding run swings are pretty frustrating, its not as if this is 6, 7, 8 days away.

Kind of like advertised cold in winter..."it's always 5 or 6 or 7 days away" (think Annie...(yes, I'm a dork))...

1 minute ago, mweav067 said:

For me fall means football and on that note it looks like we'll be finding out whether Wentz is the future QB or not sooner rather than later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

24 hours ago Bradford was predicted East and Hermine predicted West...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I was in Norfolk, VA presenting at the NWA conference. Like many other professions organizations usually meet once annually to present on different topics. 

http://nwas.org/

Also the American Meteorological society is another meteorology organization which will have it's annual conference in Seattle next year. 

https://www.ametsoc.org/ams/

• Like 2

Great stats for sub 32 temps - thanks!!

Here just 30 miles NW of PHL in Chester County PA we has averaged 126 days below 32 per year (35 more than PHL and only 3 less than Chicago IL) for the period 1894 to Present. One of the reasons I love weather so much is the beauty of the numbers...my education was in Accounting/Finance although I have morphed into Pharmaceutical sales/consulting.

I hope I don't bore folks too much with all the facts and figures around local climo here in the "soaring elevations "of Chester County Pa!

Happy Autumnal Season!
Paul

• Like 2