Meteorological Summer Close Out 90s Observations, Thunderstorms Need Not Occur

Rainshadow

Well its not out of the realm of possibilities from today onward that every day for the rest of the month could have high temps in the 90s away from the shore and higher terrain locales. That WAR that is protecting us from eventual(?) Hermine will also bake us.  Friday's CFP more of a dew point drop than anything else. This doesnt look as bad as what occurred two weekends ago, but nonetheless puts the nail in the coffin on what (other than Mike) has been a putrid run of mainly hot weather that started in the middle of July.  

Enjoy.

11 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

10+10 gets PHL to 96, 11+ 925 gets PHL to 95, 16+850 gets PHL to 94.  Enjoy.

This is likely the worst of the heat/humidity combo for the rest of the month, not that the other days are any Caribou Country Club outings.

PHL "only" got to 93 today, kind of leaves upcoming Wednesday as a possible hotter day. Oh well.

:(

48 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Somehow Philly managed a matching 93 yesterday.  I dont know what it is about east winds that bring out the PNE in Philly's ASOS.

Yeah, that's odd.  Eeked out 90 the past 2 days IMBY. 

Another nice start to the day, this is what I'll miss most about summer. A comfortably warm morning walking around the yard watering the flowers and gardens. I know many are sick of summer by now but the end of August and September bring out some of the best days. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Yeah, that's odd.  Eeked out 90 the past 2 days IMBY. 

Another nice start to the day, this is what I'll miss most about summer. A comfortably warm morning walking around the yard watering the flowers and gardens. I know many are sick of summer by now but the end of August and September bring out some of the best days. 

That is the part about summer than winter cant duplicate.  If you get up early enough or wait until its nearly sunset, its not that bad on most hot days.  There is no comfort period outdoors on a very cold day in January.  But I digress, I am a thunderstorm weenie and not a fan of extreme anything.

Yesterday PHL did 3+ highest predicted 2m temp

Day before, it did 1+ highest predicted 2m temp

More east quadrant winds today so another top PNE day possible, 92ish.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

That is the part about summer than winter cant duplicate.  If you get up early enough or wait until its nearly sunset, its not that bad on most hot days.  There is no comfort period outdoors on a very cold day in January.  But I digress, I am a thunderstorm weenie and not a fan of extreme anything.

Yesterday PHL did 3+ highest predicted 2m temp

Day before, it did 1+ highest predicted 2m temp

More east quadrant winds today so another top PNE day possible, 92ish.

While agree that most cases these mornings are really nice when you have a cool start over bone chilling cold. I mean the cold doesn't bother me. In general though I still think a sunrise or sunset with a fresh blanket of snow trumps everything hands down. Just so picturesque. I love walking around the course after snowfalls.