6/8 Outperforming Thunderstorms, Just Give Me Lapse Rates

Parsley

Just started raining here in Sellersville, PA about ten minutes ago. Now hearing thunder and seeing some lightning. Matter of fact, great downpour with possible pea sized hail mixing in as I am typing. I can see it on my blue stone patio once in a while. If Radarscope is right, this is a t-storm (Cell R0) in front of the main line about to come through. No wind to speak of yet, just thunder and downpours so far.

Yeah, this is a good 'un! Nice gusts as the leading edge approached, fair amount of mid-distance lightning and thunder plus

steady downpouring. Was fun to watch it sweep in from the west; the horizon hills progressively vanished 'til it was on us.
Vis was momentarily under 1/4 mile but are now back to about 1/2 mi or so.

The avatar cat -- normally quite easygoing about storms -- is somewhere under the sofa waiting for things to calm down.

8af3b119bcee837d9da30a93961894d3.jpg04586bcf0d7f0f00e33910b70e327d8c.jpg

I was near Overbrook country club in Villanova and about to head to KOP but I diverted south on the Blue Route to see if I could get a view of the approaching line. Got off at route 3 b/c the Blue Route is a tunnel of trees with no visibility. The storm was too far away for any visuals other than a slate of gray and I didn't have time to wait, so I went back north and got overrun by it back near Overbrook, where this picture was taken within a few minutes of the radar capture. I also saw a flash and heard a buzz of a nearby transformer box but heard no thunder so maybe a power surge from a strike further away??? Don't know much about how that works... Lots of small branches down on route 320, more eventful than the anticipated-for-five-days Sunday storms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That warning for chester/del co has 50+winds on velocity scan. With lapse rates in place could definitely reach surface.

Looking like near 70 now. Brother in law said he saw a branch hit a car and sounds like we lost power at my house in lansdowne temporarily.

32621aba16c667005701967ea4ed4d53.jpg

Looking like near 70 now. Brother in law said he saw a branch hit a car and sounds like we lost power at my house in lansdowne temporarily.

weatherbug station on top of upper darby high, clear of no obstruction gusted to 50

• Like 1

8af3b119bcee837d9da30a93961894d3.jpg04586bcf0d7f0f00e33910b70e327d8c.jpg

I was near Overbrook country club in Villanova and about to head to KOP but I diverted south on the Blue Route to see if I could get a view of the approaching line. Got off at route 3 b/c the Blue Route is a tunnel of trees with no visibility. The storm was too far away for any visuals other than a slate of gray and I didn't have time to wait, so I went back north and got overrun by it back near Overbrook, where this picture was taken within a few minutes of the radar capture. I also saw a flash and heard a buzz of a nearby transformer box but heard no thunder so maybe a power surge from a strike further away??? Don't know much about how that works... Lots of small branches down on route 320, more eventful than the anticipated-for-five-days Sunday storms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just came down 476 from KOP, and that section by Radnor was littered with leaves/tree branches. One big limb down on 476sb by Radnor exit. Impressive today.