Another Lost Weekend On The Way?

The models continue to have the closing low and with it closing south of us, sets us up even more for being in the (oh joy) favorable quadrant for heavier rain. I hear the ducks clapping....

post-27-0-58006300-1463483260.jpg

This is the 60hr 17/06z GFS qpf thru Monday morning.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We get up to 68-71 region wide @18z.

I don't blame you. I'll be heading down to Myrtle Beach Saturday. See ya suckers

Yep. 6 rounds in 6 days. Saturday looks like the crapshoot. At least the GFS is more progressive and offshore with the 2nd storm/ULL. That would save some frustration for people early next week.

Not the thread I want to wake up to this morning. Looks like an end of the week mowing is in order.

Hopefully one day is salvagable. Hopefully too we are getting the bad weekends out of the way. Thanks for not banishing the messenger to Baffin Island.

Hopefully one day is salvagable. Hopefully too we are getting the bad weekends out of the way. Thanks for not banishing the messenger to Baffin Island.

Yeah, maybe Saturday is salvageable (GFS says no sir).

Or, a road trip to New England to avoid misery is possible.

The GFS still soaks sern areas especially Saturday with a secondary cyclogenesis wetting us on Monday night and Tuesday (alas no 84 hours of non stop rain any longer), the UKMET looks like a progressive wide right, while the CAN GGEM has the ultimate rex block and its still here next Thursday. post-27-0-73173600-1463504268.gif

euro is just a graze, south of philly gets hit good and esp Virgina. Though, it swings another low on tuesday affecting the region.

Make this January and the reaction to the change from the 00z run would be.........

The LPGA is in Kingsmill, Virginia this weekend; regardless to our extent here, there will be new water hazards down there.

Make this January and the reaction to the change from the 00z run would be.........

The LPGA is in Kingsmill, Virginia this weekend; regardless to our extent here, there will be new water hazards down there.

there was a lot of accumulated water that run of the euro not very far away from the region...going to be interesting to see how this goes next couple of days

eps and euro in line with 1-1.5 of rain saturday into saturday night. Some showers on Sunday as well.

GFS about half of that at PHL; but it makes up for it by forecasting measurable pcpn for 69 hours during a 96 hour stretch starting early Saturday.

We get up to 68-71 region wide @18z.

Ok. Thanks.

Basically pulled the plug on (out of town) outdoor weekend plans with the family. Eventually things will improve in the weeks ahead.  :mellow:

Ok. Thanks.

Basically pulled the plug on (out of town) outdoor weekend plans with the family. Eventually things will improve in the weeks ahead. :mellow:

I don't blame you. I'll be heading down to Myrtle Beach Saturday. See ya suckers

• Like 1

I can handle inclimate weather...my wife and kids, not so much.

I was down in Myrtle Beach in early March when it was nicer up here than it is now.

I'm guessing you'll be spending plenty of time somewhere like this?

post-813-0-77852600-1463577481.jpeg

What do temps looks like during the day on Sunday on the Euro? 

Do they rebound on Sunday with just showery precip. around?

Sunday looks good on both models with sunshine and temps hitting 70ish

The models continue to have the closing low and with it closing south of us, sets us up even more for being in the (oh joy) favorable quadrant for heavier rain. I hear the ducks clapping....

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpgggggggggg.jpg

This is the 60hr 17/06z GFS qpf thru Monday morning.

This is "better" than it was 24 hours ago.   The only state/province without measurable pcpn is Arizona.  (same time period).

post-27-0-06588500-1463578782.gif

This is "better" than it was 24 hours ago.   The only state/province without measurable pcpn is Arizona.  (same time period).

attachicon.gifgfs_namer_126_precip_p60.gif

this is almost a close setup to the blizzard in january lol. HP over the top and low track almost very close to it.