Soggy Start to May 2016, While My Garden Gently Weeps

Rainshadow

Chances are PHL will have a very good chance to start the Month of May with 7 consecutive days of measurable rains.  This brings back memories of a pair of other soggy starts to May: 1998 (what a coincidence :bye: ) and 2009.  This is stark contrast to last May which had highs in the 80s on 9 of the first 12 days and only 0.03". If there is any good news to this soggy start, neither of those ensuing summers were particularly overbearingly hot and both peaked with their heat (relative to normal) in August.  Of course a sample size of two years leaves alot to be desired.

I heard yelling from Gilbertsville this morning.

post-27-0-15381000-1462366737.jpg

post-27-0-15963700-1462366744.jpg

• Like 2

I don't mind cooler temps. but never ending days of damp and wet weather (even in spring) gets old after 3-4 days. Obviously, the wet weather early on has it's benefits to the yard and gardens so it's not all bad, that's for sure. 

I don't mind cooler temps. but never ending days of damp and wet weather (even in spring) gets old after 3-4 days. Obviously, the wet weather early on has it's benefits to the yard and gardens so it's not all bad, that's for sure. 

The lack of sunshine stinks. I cant acclimate my vegetables to the sun, because there is none.  :(

Chances are PHL will have a very good chance to start the Month of May with 7 consecutive days of measurable rains.  This brings back memories of a pair of other soggy starts to May: 1998 (what a coincidence :bye: ) and 2009.  This is stark contrast to last May which had highs in the 80s on 9 of the first 12 days and only 0.03". If there is any good news to this soggy start, neither of those ensuing summers were particularly overbearingly hot and both peaked with their heat (relative to normal) in August.  Of course a sample size of two years leaves alot to be desired.

I heard yelling from Gilbertsville this morning.

attachicon.gifUnggggtitled.jpg

attachicon.gifUnggtitled.jpg

Heck yea you did, instead of marine layer it was just straight rain. It's not bad out there right now, just waiting for drizzle to start

Heck yea you did, instead of marine layer it was just straight rain. It's not bad out there right now, just waiting for drizzle to start

There is a convective look to the echoes this morning, so maybe you'll get the best of both worlds, drizzle from the marine layer and instability showers above it from the vort max.... :smiley-dance017:

The lack of sunshine stinks. I cant acclimate my vegetables to the sun, because there is none.  :(

True with regards to veggies. I've been sitting on some veggies I want to get in the ground because of lack of sun and too much dampness. Meanwhile my lawn and flowering perennials are growing like crazy.

Last weekend I decided it was sink or swim time for the seedlings. I started them in early March, and some we're just getting too big to keep them inside any longer. I had a few self-inflicted casualties which were frustrating (two mature tomato seedlings snapped at the base), but they're holding their own for now. I was away for a few days, and was afraid I'd come home to see everything drooped over and wilted, but they've all made it so far...

• Like 2

There is a convective look to the echoes this morning, so maybe you'll get the best of both worlds, drizzle from the marine layer and instability showers above it from the vort max.... :smiley-dance017:

Marine puke now, thanks for wishing it upon me