Its Masters Week, Yes Sir !!!!!

Harbourton

Quite the shoot out going on in Houston. Jordan Spieth is lighting up the course, there is like a dozen players within two shots. Then its the final round of the ANA with Lexi and Lydia leading going in, quite the nice warm up going into Masters Week.

Watched some of the drive, chip and putt finals for kids at Augusta. What I saw of the course looks beautiful. I have feeling that there might be a surprise winner.

Watched some of the drive, chip and putt finals for kids at Augusta. What I saw of the course looks beautiful. I have feeling that there might be a surprise winner.

Given how crappy our weather looks up here thu-sun, it should be fantastic down in Augusta, especially on the weekend.

Looks like temps will be very cool down there. Gives big hitters more of an advantage.

Thursday

A chance of showers before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 47.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 64.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 39.
Saturday
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 43.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 67.

Quite the shoot out going on in Houston. Jordan Spieth is lighting up the course, there is like a dozen players within two shots. Then its the final round of the ANA with Lexi and Lydia leading going in, quite the nice warm up going into Masters Week.

Re: Spieth, that's what we in the degenerate gambler world call a "mush:  ;)

You're right, some great storylines.  Bello and Herman both trying to notch their first win on the tour.  I don't have the stats in front of me, but I would assume they both need a win to get into the Masters, raising the stakes even more.  Same for the current leader, Henley, although he has won previously.  

For me, golfing in the 60s (talking about the temps, though would :wub: the scores too) is perfect. Augusta seems to favor longer hitters. I see I jinxed Jordan Spieth pretty well.

Looks like temps will be very cool down there. Gives big hitters more of an advantage.

Thursday

A chance of showers before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Thursday Night

Friday

Friday Night

Mostly clear, with a low around 39.

Saturday

Saturday Night

Sunday

I think many people will pick Dustin Johnson at the Masters. But the putting difficulties will eventually wear him down. Will Phil make the cut - questionable. On pure striking of the ball, Henrik Stenson is on top - can he putt Augusta? Janson day took week off but I think snap hook may take toll along with Rory. Should be interesting.

I think many people will pick Dustin Johnson at the Masters. But the putting difficulties will eventually wear him down. Will Phil make the cut - questionable. On pure striking of the ball, Henrik Stenson is on top - can he putt Augusta? Janson day took week off but I think snap hook may take toll along with Rory. Should be interesting.

I wouldn't say either Jordan or Rickie are firing on all cylinders either, might just leave Bubba or Adam Scott as the last men standing?

Thursday
Partly sunny, with a high near 72.
Thursday Night
Friday
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
Saturday
Saturday Night
Sunday

hopefully we have local crappy weather so i can stay indoors more watching the masters ;).

i dont see 70 and sunny for us.

Thursday and Saturday look like pure garbage days and neither Friday nor Sunday look like creme de la creme days either.  Other than Thursday, when its raining, we should not have a 60 degree high day for the rest of the tournament here.

Thursday

Partly sunny, with a high near 72.

Thursday Night

Friday

Friday Night

Mostly clear, with a low around 38.

Saturday

Saturday Night

Sunday

Slight chance of showers Thursday morning in today forecast. Average highs are 74-75 so that's pretty cool for sunny days.

Going with Justin Rose sporting a wardrobe addition Sunday afternoon.

Need a Final "FORE" pool!

• Like 1

Slight chance of showers Thursday morning in today forecast. Average highs are 74-75 so that's pretty cool for sunny days.

Going with Justin Rose sporting a wardrobe addition Sunday afternoon.

GFS mos has 30 mph winds predicted for Friday, may be a case whoever is in the early wave on Friday will get an advantage. It also has a low of 29 for Sunday morning.

Rory, Jason, Bubba got maybe the weather break going out Thursday afternoon and Friday morning with relatively less wind. Morning group Thursday gets wind and softer conditions, sure looks like a bomber should be favored more than average all things considered.

Rory, Jason, Bubba got maybe the weather break going out Thursday afternoon and Friday morning with relatively less wind. Morning group Thursday gets wind and softer conditions, sure looks like a bomber should be favored more than average all things considered.

Doesn't favor Bubba IMO since he curves the ball so much.  It's tough to do in windy conditions.  

Since players at the Masters have said the greens on Tuesday are faster than ever, it brings the new rule into effect that the player must initiate movement of the ball to cause a penalty not just a wind blown ball on the green after player soles his putter. Wind will definitely affect putts more than anything with a 12 0r 13 on the Stemp. Since Jordan is the best putter, look for him to do well. Ok I jinxed him lol.

Sidenote - The most popular and iconic item at Augusta National's concessions stands? The $1.50 pimento cheese sandwich. Where can you get anything at that price at a major professional sports event?

Since players at the Masters have said the greens on Tuesday are faster than ever, it brings the new rule into effect that the player must initiate movement of the ball to cause a penalty not just a wind blown ball on the green after player soles his putter. Wind will definitely affect putts more than anything with a 12 0r 13 on the Stemp. Since Jordan is the best putter, look for him to do well. Ok I jinxed him lol.

Sidenote - The most popular and iconic item at Augusta National's concessions stands? The $1.50 pimento cheese sandwich. Where can you get anything at that price at a major professional sports event?[/size]

Yeah they just said on tgc they don't gouge you at the Masters. Shoot about 15 years ago at the Shoprite Classic it cost me $5 for literally a sausage and a pepper sandwich.

I guess it depends on how much it rains tomorrow night. Well I don't want to jinx who I really want to win, so I will pick Patrick Reed. I did a good job myself of jinxing Jordan on Sunday.