Kitchen sink part 2 obs 4/4

Mitchg

Personal request. In these forecast and obs threads, I would find it really useful to post expected timing and duration for the events. Just a request, I know I can go other places to align the discussion w/ models, but if the threads here called out date / time of expected events it would help me follow along a lot.

Agreed hadn't heard much about this threat!?

Agreed hadn't heard much about this threat!?

This was the system that the euro had a swath of snow phl/dca latitude about 7 days ago or so that went north of I80 and stayed there. There was some discussion in the beyond day 5 thread before the euro went north. Right now the NWS 1 inch or more of snow is up there. As for thunder, not sure when that was added, but SPC right now has the area just south and east of PHL in general thunder. Doesn't mean that everything goes according to plan, but that's where we are....

Ok...

Thanks!

yea that helps. Is it that cold out on the cape and south of Boston where the warning went up? I saw Provincetown was snow covered

Looks like most areas struggled to get above 30 away from the coast line and mid-upper 20's all day inland. Impressive temps for April 4th. 

yea that helps. Is it that cold out on the cape and south of Boston where the warning went up? I saw Provincetown was snow covered

No, though a quick glance through traffic cams suggest roads are mostly wet in those areas near the coast.

Daughter at UNH (Durham NH) reports ~3" with a low of 20f and a high of 25f (avg 31/53f!!)...

Afternoon and evening classes canceled!

And reports of 7"+ in VT w/15:1 ratios...

Crazy, even for up north, for early April!!