The 80s Club.

Rainshadow

850s +12 to +14 (adding +12C) would get you close to 80.

We discussed this last year I believe...what were the other numbers you used to gauge potential? I think it was 925 mb + _____ and then something 2m temps. the day before or day of?

850s +12 to +14 (adding +12C) would get you close to 80.

We discussed this last year I believe...what were the other numbers you used to gauge potential? I think it was 925 mb + _____ and then something 2m temps. the day before or day of?

925 + 10C  (would give us either 80 or 81) and/or Highest 2m temp + 5F.  I think the 2m temps may run too low this time of year,  so use them with caution.  If we mix to 850mb 81 may not be enough.  I do see the GFS has moisture, so clouds may get in the way.  (wrong decade song).

BTW once we get on the other side of the equinox, we normally do 10/11C + 925mb and 15/16C + 850mb.

• Like 1

925 + 10C (would give us either 80 or 81) and/or Highest 2m temp + 5F. I think the 2m temps may run too low this time of year, so use them with caution. If we mix to 850mb 81 may not be enough. I do see the GFS has moisture, so clouds may get in the way. (wrong decade song).

BTW once we get on the other side of the equinox, we normally do 10/11C + 925mb and 15/16C + 850mb.

Thanks for the refresher.

Thanks for the refresher.

You are welcome.  I always have been a numbers type guy, so payed attention (some might say too much) to correlations that do work. I know you know, but for anyone out there not sure, that is on days that are at least partly sunny.

• Like 1

You are welcome.  I always have been a numbers type guy, so payed attention (some might say too much) to correlations that do work. I know you know, but for anyone out there not sure, that is on days that are at least partly sunny.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the difference between partly sunny and partly cloudy?

Logically my brain interprets them as partly sunny being a mostly cloudy day being sunny at times, with partly cloudy being the opposite. 

If you don't mind me asking, what is the difference between partly sunny and partly cloudy?

Logically my brain interprets them as partly sunny being a mostly cloudy day being sunny at times, with partly cloudy being the opposite. 

There is no difference as far as the NWS is concerned, but if you ask 10 people which is sunnier, half would say partly cloudy, half would say partly sunny.

• Like 1

I saw them open up for somebody. Its ironic I remember the opening act and not the main performer.

Perhaps this

Might explain why you don't remember!!!?

post-481-0-16239800-1457389329.png

Lol. I was still living in New York at the time, so I don't think it was Wham. I hope not, I think I'd rather have below zero mins in April.

NOW I'm liking your musical taste...

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/08/09/arts/henley-to-perform.html

perhaps you enjoyed Katrina a bit too much and the headliner became a bit "foggy"?!

NOW I'm liking your musical taste...

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/08/09/arts/henley-to-perform.html

perhaps you enjoyed Katrina a bit too much and the headliner became a bit "foggy"?!

Lol.  I must have been foggy. I totally forgot about that pier for concerts and I did see Don Henley in concert  a couple of times back in the 80s.  Always loved Dirty Laundry and Boys Of Summer (Great video).

$12.50 for tickets, that sounds nice now.

Speaking of '80s given how effortlessly we reached some mid 70s today, someone is going to hit 80 either tomorrow or Thursday.  :(

• Like 1

First 80 report of the year in the PHI area?

A nice 81/34 split on the day there.

NJZ001>014-091900-
NORTHERN NEW JERSEY

CITY SKY/WX TMP DP RH WIND PRES REMARKS

TOMS RIVER* SUNNY 81 36 19 SW10G20 30.07F

Not a fan. 70 is great in early March, but 80 is too warm too soon in my book.

Too warm any time unless I'm fully submerged in water (or beer)!!