January 22-23 winter storm banter

Got my watch text too! Woo hoo, here we go, can't wait!

I always make fun of people that run to the grocery store before every storm, but I just made a list for my wife and sent her out :) Looking forward to hunkering down for the duration and enjoying the drama. Have plenty of beer, wine and spirits already! :) Just hope we don't lose power...

Sorry for OT post but where else to put it, too soon for the obs/banter thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am eating a cannoli and watching it snow. For the first time in 35 years I can sit back and enjoy it.

My wife closed the blinds on my bedroom window snow spotlight. UNACCEPTABLE! She can sleep on the couch.

I am home...I have beer...I have blizzard...and after a cancer scare that began in October my wife is cancer free and has one radiation treatment next week.           Light steady snow driveway

Quick question...

I have been seeing a lot of NWS offices launching additional balloons and also the hurricane hunters doing some sampling. Does this increase in data points affect how the models initialize and calculate? IE, should we see changes in the coming model runs based on this extra data?

Quick question...

I have been seeing a lot of NWS offices launching additional balloons and also the hurricane hunters doing some sampling. Does this increase in data points affect how the models initialize and calculate? IE, should we see changes in the coming model runs based on this extra data?

More information going in should increase accuracy.  Model solutions are never static.

Which app are you guys using to get alerts? I'm tried a few and haven't been very happy.

Pm Mitchg he should know or at least know people who get the alerts @ phi. I have a dumb phone & are of no use. I have nixle which is great for road closures, but I will probably get the watch alert at 3 this morning.

Quick question...

it helps some. 18 and 6z runs will have the extra data.

Pm Mitchg he should know or at least know people who get the alerts @ phi. I have a dumb phone & are of no use. I have nixle which is great for road closures, but I will probably get the watch alert at 3 this morning.

lets take up a collection and get tony a new phone

• Like 2