Winter banter Thread

Mitchg

As part of my retirement gifts, one was a PWS, after I finally resolved the password issue today, its available for anyone that is interested.  We don't get the lollipop snows or as much winds as Tom does....   ;)

attachicon.gifwUntitled.jpg

Awesome tony! What did you end up going with? I'm planning on treating myself as a graduation gift next month and getting one myself. I've yet to do a whole lot of research on them but I'm willing to spend up to about 500. Any recommendations??

Awesome tony! What did you end up going with? I'm planning on treating myself as a graduation gift next month and getting one myself. I've yet to do a whole lot of research on them but I'm willing to spend up to about 500. Any recommendations??

Davis vp2

It was part of my retirement gifts; they knew because I dont have my pc on all of the time to get me an Ambient 1400.  Lee (lee.robertson@noaa.gov) helped set it up, ok he set it up and I held the piping while it drilled the holes.  He's pretty up on all of the different types of pws.  I know we (nws) have a davis in front of the office too.

• Like 1

It was part of my retirement gifts; they knew because I dont have my pc on all of the time to get me an Ambient 1400.  Lee (lee.robertson@noaa.gov) helped set it up, ok he set it up and I held the piping while it drilled the holes.  He's pretty up on all of the different types of pws.  I know we (nws) have a davis in front of the office too.

Thanks!

You can get a wireless davis vp 2 for under 400$ not including taxes. Wether link software for online under 100$ not including taxes

That's right in my price ballpark. Does the software include trending of the data, max/mins, etc.?

Cancelling winter. Only because when I cancelled winter in the beginning of January last year I ended up with 30+ inches of snow imby the rest of the winter. Figured I'd just cut to the chase this year.

Way to early, remember the forecast is for a bad to horrid December. This is expected, it is typically to warm on 11/24 for snow threats in the forecast.