Rainshadow "Tony Gigi" retirement

Mitchg

All, Tony will be retiring from the National Weather Service. His last day at the office will be tomorrow. However, he will still live in the area and not leave us!.Thank you Tony for your years of Federal Service, you will be missed. Please use this thread to congratulate Tony on his journey into never ending golf, completing odds and ends around the house at his wife's discretion and to whatever else life throws his way in retirement!  

• Like 9

A painful loss for NWS, but a boon to local golf courses. Best of luck in retirement, may you hit it big on the lecture circuit. There's also probably a tell-all bio in there somewhere to regale us with all the fast times and hijinx you've been a part of for 30 years. In all seriousness, congrats...Big hole to be filled for the NWS.

• Like 1

Thank-you everyone. That did go fast.  We are not moving out of the area for at least the next several years, so whether you like it or not, you are stuck with me.  ;)  After working midnights for approximately a combined 7 or 8 years of my life, one of the best parts of retirement will be to not see the 00z euro play by play with my own eyes.  As strange but true now I will finally have the opportunity to not have the job sometimes get in the way of enjoying the weather.  I have already heard and read so many kind words said to be I am humbled and honored beyond words.  Thank-you everyone.

• Like 7

will there be a final "winter analog afd" on the way out today?

And, yes, congrats on your retirement and best wishes for many years of good golf.

I passed the office long ranger gauntlet off to Mitch.  I also did not put any cryptic message down the left or right side or even diagonally. The closest to anything cryptic (I checked just to make sure I didnt do it inadvertently) a long time friend and co-worker, Dave Wert's initials made the cut, DAW (has to be in caps, because, we (NWS) still like caps.).

• Like 1

Tony, Congratulations on a well earned retirement! It is unfortunate that we have not yet met in person...as many others have said it feels like I know you well. I am very happy to hear you will still be in the area. I hope there is an upcoming party or golf event where I will have the pleasure to meet you.

All the best,

Paul

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

• Like 1