The Tombo/Tony Winter Snowfall Outlook for PHL...It Was All About The ToToJo, Forget About ToTo & ToToLee

Rainshadow

First, verification, we were off by only 3" last winter, who else came closer? 

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play?p=crickets+chirping&vid=e19c3741e5bc6aff25fe3186439bdb5e&turl=http%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DWN.CaFLll1mpvcikwyzO%252bivsQ%26pid%3D15.1%26h%3D360%26w%3D480%26c%3D7%26rs%3D1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCQFEY9RIRJA&tit=Cricket+Chirping&c=1&h=360&w=480&l=76&sigr=11bh5nvms&sigt=10g66c826&sigi=12nj6vbdq&ct=p&age=1220195590&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av&hsimp=yhs-vz&hspart=vz&tt=b

No answers. We thought so!!!

Anyway this week at a non named golf course, on a non named hole, on a non named day

of the week, we will put our collective thoughts together and deliver the most accurate snowfall

outlook known to personkind for PHL.

We'd like to share our proprietary method, but we won't.  ;)

We can't tell you where/when, because there will be issues with crowd control,

plus we wouldn't want our competition to plagiarize our methods.  The golf course will be

swept for Bill Belichick type bugs and we will not eat any of Tony Romo's free

crownies at the turn.

• Like 4

I've just about finished an unofficial winter outlook. I can post the numbers after the golf match. No outside influences coming you're way before then without warning. It has changed with some regards to what I had told Tony yesterday. 

I've just about finished an unofficial winter outlook. I can post the numbers after the golf match. No outside influences coming you're way before then without warning. It has changed with some regards to what I had told Tony yesterday.

Looking forward to it Mitch

Doesn't above average firewood equal higher chances for warmer temps with less Snow?

The firewood correlation has not yet been established.  However, it is a well known, documented and published meteorological fact that any NWS Mount Holly employee buying a new snow thrower before the start of a season has a 95% correlation of 10 inches or less for that winter.

• Like 1

The firewood correlation has not yet been established.  However, it is a well known, documented and published meteorological fact that any NWS Mount Holly employee buying a new snow thrower before the start of a season has a 95% correlation of 10 inches or less for that winter.

There's also some interesting data behind [days before Thanksgiving that my snowblower is gassed, lubed, and ready for action] (lol) : [days after Thanksgiving to first snowfall]

Looking "fore"ware to the "fore"cast...DID YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

• Like 3

This is so true!

• Like 1

Well this is how we did it. Last hole is a par 3 about a 150yds. A birdie counts as 30", a par 15", bogey, 7.5, double bogey 3.5, triple bogey 1.5. Tony and myself pulled bogies so we got 15" there. Tony's wife had a par for 15". So we collectively got 30" for the winter this year.

• Like 2

Well this is how we did it. Last hole is a par 3 about a 150yds. A birdie counts as 30", a par 15", bogey, 7.5, double bogey 3.5, triple bogey 1.5. Tony and myself pulled bogies so we got 15" there. Tony's wife had a par for 15". So we collectively got 30" for the winter this year.

Accuracy is guaranteed. ;) Since we nearly parred, there will also be an underperforming event that will look much better in the medium range.