Summer banter thread

tombo82685

I love sun sets at 430pm with a foot of snow on the ground

I hate when the sun sets at 430 but it's a rainy overcast day so it's basically dark at 4. You know like all of last December.

Winter would be hands down the best season if the sun stayed out until like 730.

I hate when the sun sets at 430 but it's a rainy overcast day so it's basically dark at 4. You know like all of last December.

Winter would be hands down the best season if the sun stayed out until like 730.

I'd love to switch the seasonal sunsets. But of course that wouldnt make much scientific sense.

G4 magnetic storm ongoing right now. Possible to see aurora tonight in som locales. Best chances to New England, but MA may be in the game. (If Give it a 1 in 500 chance)

Parameters are quite good right now actually.  Bt is 24.1 (want at least 15, 25 is great) and the Bz is -19.4 (need less than -10, more negative the better).  http://www.spaceweatherlive.com/

Edit: K index dropped back to a 5.  I have no idea if it'll come back up or if the good stuff is already over, but for viewing in PA you're probably looking for at least a 7, and ideally 8+

Parameters are quite good right now actually. Bt is 24.1 (want at least 15, 25 is great) and the Bz is -19.4 (need less than -10, more negative the better). http://www.spaceweatherlive.com/

Edit: K index dropped back to a 5. I have no idea if it'll come back up or if the good stuff is already over, but for viewing in PA you're probably looking for at least a 7, and ideally 8+

Maybe?

2808edf1728b35152fa26dcfd85db0e1.jpg

G4 magnetic storm ongoing right now. Possible to see aurora tonight in som locales. Best chances to New England, but MA may be in the game. (If Give it a 1 in 500 chance)

My son, who is bit of an astronomy buff, saw a dim pillar of light near the northern horizon for a minute or two around midnight last night.

Welcome to the club. I have a two day Member-Member tournament this weekend. Not looking forward to blowing $110.

Not that I am saying anything new, since its upgrade, the gfs wet bias has become worse. Global model qpf verification for the conus it is often last.