"Fore"th Annual PhillyWx Golf Outing @Golden Pheasant on 9/12. Cancelled!!!

Bananashadow

Hello,

Just opening this up to anyone who is interested.  We have to go with this date and time as it works best for the Mount Holly staff that can come and are either off or working mids. 

Its at Golden Pheasant Country Club in Lumberton, NJ starting at 1 pm on Saturday September 12th. . He quoted me a green/cart fee of $45, I see their weekend rates at that time is $50, I'll check that with Brian next time I see him.

http://goldenpheasantgc.com/

As of today we have about a dozen people going, so its not a "high pressure" outing.  Some groups scramble, others play their own game, so its not that big a deal.  

So please let me or Tom know.  I have to give him a final number by Labor Day.

Thanks 

Always a good time. I really like the "superstorm Sandy workshop" on the 19th hole!

Little did I know, I thought we were going to talk about this Sandy:

Sandy (or Sandie) A score of par or better that includes a bunker shot. Sandys are counted as points in some social golf games. If a par or better is achieved after hitting two or three bunker shots on the same hole, the terms double sandy or triple sandy are used, respectively.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We couldnt find a viable alternative day to change the golf to.   But, this might work out for any of you that want to do both.  The golf course is approximately 15 minutes from the office.  The first tee time is at 1 pm, so if you can get to an early tour, you can do both in one day!  Please let me know by August 15th (I will check the thread) because I have to adjust the number of tee times.

Thank-you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tony,

I would like to do both.....although my golf game has not improved over the last few years. Usually I will not embarrass but if I break 100 it is a good day!

What do I need to do to "register" for both the tour and the golf?

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Thanks!
Paul

Hi Tony,

I would like to do both.....although my golf game has not improved over the last few years. Usually I will not embarrass but if I break 100 it is a good day!

What do I need to do to "register" for both the tour and the golf?

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Thanks!

Paul

Paul,

A couple of the groups scramble, so you can just play from the best shot of the foursome.  No need to register as long as I know you are coming. Lee, Sarah, myself, Jim Eberwine (see ya), Keith and Scott are coming from the office. We will have either 3 or 4 groups going out.  Here is their web site:  http://goldenpheasantgc.com/

Its about 15 minutes from the office.

Ok, Let me know if I messed this up either way, looks like from the PhillyWx side its Tom, Brian, Al, Charlie, John, Garrison & Garrison's Friend and from the NWS side its myself, Lee, Sarah, Jim E., Keith and  possibly Scott.

How about Paul? I know he said he was, not sure if that changed.

• Like 1

Ok, Revision Number 1:  Let me know if I still messed this up either way, looks like from the PhillyWx side its Tom, Brian, Al, Charlie, John, Paul, Garrison & Garrison's Friend and from the NWS side its myself, Lee, Sarah, Jim E., Keith and  possibly Scott.

Want to lock the 12z or 18z GFS?  They both have it sunny with highs in the upper 70s.