For JCT (and anyone else living in the area)

Voyager

I have become a YouTube trucker in that I use a couple of GoPro's to record my work days. There are many of us out there, it's fun, and it breaks up the monotony of driving all those hours and miles all day long. We have a run that takes us down to Collegeville for a drop and hook, Coming from Hazleton, we get off 476 at Quakertown and head down PA29 to the customer. It's a fun road to drag a 53 foot trailer around on.

Earlier this week, I decided to film my trip down there...

• Like 5

Steve, been on many of those roads a bazillion times.

Well done with the trailer.

Thanks Andy!

I have to add, since you replied, that my RandMcNally Truckers GPS can do some strange things with place names. When I get off the turnpike at the Quakertown exit, the thing always says "Quackertown".

Good stuff. Looks like you got within 2-3 miles of MBY around the 7 minute mark. (Before the video starts your trek north again). I make that drive on trips up to NEPA or toward NNJ every month or two. Otherwise, the bulk of my travels are south of schwenksville on 29.

Thanks Andy!

I have to add, since you replied, that my RandMcNally Truckers GPS can do some strange things with place names. When I get off the turnpike at the Quakertown exit, the thing always says "Quackertown".

"Quackertown" i think refers to the Q-Mart flea market :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff. Looks like you got within 2-3 miles of MBY around the 7 minute mark. (Before the video starts your trek north again). I make that drive on trips up to NEPA or toward NNJ every month or two. Otherwise, the bulk of my travels are south of schwenksville on 29.

Enjoy the Plank Road bridge closing when that takes place in a few weeks. :(

Enjoy the Plank Road bridge closing when that takes place in a few weeks. :(

After 10 years in this area I can't get over the state of roads (intersections specifically) as well as the lack of mass transit. I guess that's why we pay less to live out in the sticks.

After 10 years in this area I can't get over the state of roads (intersections specifically) as well as the lack of mass transit. I guess that's why we pay less to live out in the sticks.

Up here in the coal region, it's the roads themselves. PA 309 from the Blue Mountain to McAdoo (and more specifically, from Tamaqua to McAdoo, is in deplorable shape. A concrete base that is horribly deteriorated has left some really large gaps in the asphalt which has cracked at each expansion joint. The fact that PennnDOT does next to nothing to address it really has me po'd. It's like driving on some third world country roadway.