4/20 heavy rain/poss storms obs

tombo82685

Had 2 water rescues (vehicles into pooled intersections) in delaware county this morning. Both occupants removed from vehicles via fire truck. One was in darby township, another one in Lansdowne. Both intersections are notorious for flooding.

Let me guess the one in lansdowne was around 710 AM and it was on Union Ave? You are right, that's every time there is heavy rain lol

1.10" total

Had a fun filled drive between Mt. Laurel, NJ and Center City this morning between 8:30-9:30. Cars spun out on the road and a handful of accidents witnessed on the ride. The hour from Philly back here to the sticks was much less eventful as the rain had cleared already.

Incredible view looking NW from here.  I am in the very eastern part of Lancaster County looking at a wall of clouds far to my NW that is showing lightning all over the place.  Bummed out everything fizzled here but pretty neat watching a major lightning storm from about 80 miles away.

Incredible view looking NW from here.  I am in the very eastern part of Lancaster County looking at a wall of clouds far to my NW that is showing lightning all over the place.  Bummed out everything fizzled here but pretty neat watching a major lightning storm from about 80 miles away.

Frequent lighning visible here also on the NW horizon. Probably the big supercell near Harrisburg. 

I apologize for the cell phone quality, but don't think it would make much difference considering this supercell is on the far side of Interstate 81.  But hopefully this gives you an idea as to the crazy amounts of lightning it's putting out.  FYI, at least a third of these are visible lightning bolts from my location.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnp_yVz_yM0&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1

I apologize for the cell phone quality, but don't think it would make much difference considering this supercell is on the far side of Interstate 81. But hopefully this gives you an idea as to the crazy amounts of lightning it's putting out. FYI, at least a third of these are visible lightning bolts from my location.

Sure that that is so far away? I would think its the one right along I-81 northeast of Harrisburg, which is definitely not 100 miles... Maybe 50 if that.

Well I drove out to reading with the hope of finding at least a few flashes and returned with nothing. Bad timing for sure as it looks like things are getting a little more interesting now that I'm home. Fingers crossed for a little later...even from far away that cell looks great!!

Sent from an abacus

Sure that that is so far away? I would think its the one right along I-81 northeast of Harrisburg, which is definitely not 100 miles... Maybe 50 if that.

Sorry Ray, you're right it's closer to 50, I should have used the "as the crow flies" tool :)  Currently watching another light show from yet another line of storms out that way.  Thinking this line out of MD will pass me to the southeast.