2015 Masters - "Yes sir" now spring is official

Rainshadow

Augusta Forecast:

Thursday
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Thursday Night
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 87. Southwest wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Friday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 80.

Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 59.

Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 78.

Augusta Forecast:

Thursday
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Thursday Night
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 87. Southwest wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Friday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a low around 64. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 80.

Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 59.

Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 78.

Due to the anticipated rain Augusta will be soft and favor the big hitters - Dustin Johnson, Bubba will have the advantage. Everyone is talking about Jordan Speith will have to swing out of his shoes to have a chance. Jason Day may have enough distance to compete.

Official forecast looking much better than earlier this week, worst looks to be FRI evening so the may catch a nice break and Sunday's forecast is fantastic.

I don't know if I remember a time in which so many golfers have realistic shot to win, could setup for a terrific tournament.

Tiger looks to be in a great place personally, got the kids on the bag at today's par 3, back to hanging out with Mark O'Meara, lot of interaction with the gallery. Let's see if it translates to the course tomorrow, if he gets into contention the place will be a nuthouse over the weekend.

What's the over / under on the # of times we'll see Jack's hole in one today during the next 4 days?

• Like 1

Due to the anticipated rain Augusta will be soft and favor the big hitters - Dustin Johnson, Bubba will have the advantage. Everyone is talking about Jordan Speith will have to swing out of his shoes to have a chance. Jason Day may have enough distance to compete.

I guess too it depends on how much rain does fall. We all know how thunderstorms work.

NIcklaus had a hole in one on the par 3 course today. Just awesome to be able to watch.

I'm hoping either Dj, Tiger, Speith, Phil, Fred Couples & Ricky are in contention come Sunday.

I hope too they set up the course on Sunday for an exciting back 9.

I hope too they set up the course on Sunday for an exciting back 9.

That's what makes the Masters so special, great test of golf but you score, especially on the back 9. People will have their preference but I'll take the Masters over a +5 root canal U.S. Open at Oakmont.

Even a non-player (me) can appreciate that shot. It was pretty spectacular.

Is that amount of back spin on the shot "normal" or only available to high-skills players?

Just wondering.

Better ball strikers can get back spin.

That green is slanted downwards towards the pin. So land above it, and even the slightest backspin will roll the ball back towards the hole. And those greens tend to be pretty fast. (The myth is cAddies will tell players to putt as if putting in your bathtub).

Fast greens, pin below the slope, great players = good chance for ace. Not to take away from the great shots they hit, but there's a reason why there was 3 hole in 1's in that hole today.

Right now if there was one person you want standing over a putt to make it, its him. Just caught his last couple of holes. The hole must look like the Grand Canyon to him. 64....

He took the wrong club at 15 & airmailed the green or all time major record would have went down.

Spieth was leading the Masters after 61 holes last year & ended up finishing 2nd so he should be able to handle the pressure. After being visibly agitated at 15 I like the way he gathered himself & finished with a birdie on 18 which was playing tough yesterday.

Props down to 30% during the afternoon so hopefully they can get through today without any serious delays then it should be smooth sailing over the weekend, looks like you couldn't ask for a better Sunday

Great first day at Augusta!  Spieth is unequivocally the best putter in the world right now and when his ball striking is on he's going to be very difficult to beat.  I think Dusitn Johnson makes a move today and I do think the leader board is going to be bunched up this Masters w/ a lot of people within 4 shots come Sunday.   Tom Watson's 71 was probably the most  amazing round yesterday considering he is 65!