OT, but heads-up. Traffic alert

CameronCat

Hi

Sorry to go off topic but I thought this might be of use .  I know many on this forum live to the north or west of Phoenixville and possibly travel through this area.

If you missed the announcement, PennDOT will close  the Rte 23  bridge over Pickering Creek (at the dam, just east of Phx'ville) on April 20th. The bridge is to be reconstructed, not just repaved. According to my sources, work is expected to be complete by the end of the year.

Select your alternate routes now. (422 is probably not a good choice....just sayin')

Excerpt from the PennDOT release:

Work is scheduled to begin on the State Route 23/Valley Forge Road bridge over Pickering Creek on April 20, 2015.

SR 23/Valley Forge Road will be CLOSED at this location starting at 9:00 AM on Monday, April 20, 2015.  This closure will be long-term until further notice for bridge demolition and re-construction.

We return you now to the regularly scheduled grumblings.

• 3 weeks later...

Adding to the "fun" is the Linfield bridge closing starting May 11th for six months AND Audubon Road is closed at Trooper Road next week (intersection work).

Oh, and 422 road work continues until 2018 (at least).

422 is going to really suck hard if there's an accident down at Trooper given all the backup routes are jacked up.