3/26 Weeklies

Wow, week 3 is holding.  And amping.  But...wasn't week 3 the + week...last week? :chin:

Week 2 isn't that far away, it just looks like residual troughing over E Canada... if the pattern flattens out, the warmth over the Plains/OH Valley will come east

• Like 1

The negative numbers are also higher. Maybe we can put to bed the -9(s) til next winter.  Not that I would be looking forward to that.

They've been higher for a while.  Even the "very cold" weeks have been -6 vs. the very obscene ">-9".  I'm actually liking -1, -2 myself about now.  +2 has me a little nervous.  I don't think our blood has thinned out enough for that yet.  Yesterday felt a little suffocating and it was only 68. :wacko:  Didn't we have -9 in July last year? Pleasant and depressing all at the same time.

They've been higher for a while.  Even the "very cold" weeks have been -6 vs. the very obscene ">-9".  I'm actually liking -1, -2 myself about now.  +2 has me a little nervous.  I don't think our blood has thinned out enough for that yet.  Yesterday felt a little suffocating and it was only 68. :wacko:  Didn't we have -9 in July last year? Pleasant and depressing all at the same time.

Minus 5 was the greatest negative departure of last summer.  There is more volatility in winter than summer.

Minus 5 was the greatest negative departure of last summer.  There is more volatility in winter than summer.

Makes sense.  I remember it was a jolt getting as cool as it did, and the media was playing up the "Polar Vortex in July!" line on that one.  And they didn't in 2009, where, it could just be memory, but I'm pretty sure it was cooler early in summer that year.  (Until the humidity kicked in in late July and would not let go, making even mundane highs feel suffocating.)  I forgot about that part of nino summers.  Cool summer!* (with stifling humidity.)

Even -9 isn't so bad on its own.  But the magic ">-9" is so sugar coated.