Spring Banter

tombo82685

I get that you run a golf course and everything but c'mon man! How can you want to stop winter only half way through our best snow month?!

well usually Presidents' Day is around the 20th so it's over half the month. I just hate how it could be 25 and epic melting will start cause of sun angle increase. I would rather a snowy December over february.

well usually Presidents' Day is around the 20th so it's over half the month. I just hate how it could be 25 and epic melting will start cause of sun angle increase. I would rather a snowy December over february.

Yeah the sun begins to be a problem around mid February, but our climo for snow especially in the first half of December is just not great. I'll take snow when I can get it!

Yeah the sun begins to be a problem around mid February, but our climo for snow especially in the first half of December is just not great. I'll take snow when I can get it!

No, I'm saying I would rather have the snow avg of feb in dec. like swap months.

No, I'm saying I would rather have the snow avg of feb in dec. like swap months.

That's why 09'-10' was so great...all that snow that winter which started for areas NW of Philly in early December then by late February it was over abruptly and we had a quick start to spring with temp departures +5 to +7 in March and April.

Dec 5th to Feb 26th....I'd sign up for that time range any year.

• Like 1

Yeah, Kp falling off as the storm passes, but the prediction map on the NOAA/ POES site still shows a decent possibility  for tomorrow night as well.

Oh, to be in Canada tonight! -- There should be some great pics available tomorrow. 

That's why 09'-10' was so great...all that snow that winter which started for areas NW of Philly in early December then by late February it was over abruptly and we had a quick start to spring with temp departures +5 to +7 in March and April.

Dec 5th to Feb 26th....I'd sign up for that time range any year.

Yeah I'd take the '09-10 temps over this year's that's for sure, along with the quick thaw.  And the snow even had a thaw between waves which was nice. 

I wouldn't take those back to back snowfall totals followed by cold temps again though.   Snow lover or not, water coming in through the roof from ice damming and no easy way to get through the piles to the roof is not good.

Tom: FYI, the link to the Celcius article on the FB page seems to be broken.

Going by just the subject, agree with the premise.  I never minded Celcius being based on water, but the lack of gradient range without resorting to decimal notation (which few outside the science world that use C seem to do.)  And to make it as specific of decimal notated Fahrenheit, you'd need a lot of significant figures.  Never liked C.  K is ideal, it's a shame nobody uses it in the general public.

Edit: It looks like it's working now.  It went to a weird error page before, now it goes to a security warning click-through which takes you to the page.