3/9 Weeklies: Golf/Squash Season?

Per hm

@antmasiello: Week 3 on new ECMWF weeklies is hilariously cold. @blueindetroit

@antmasiello: week 2 looks like ensembles with PV in SE Canada. Week 4 is a continuation of 3, just moderated some. It's cold/PNA whole time

doesn't he know I have a nice spring break starting late next week?

doesn't he know I have a nice spring break starting late next week?

Too much snow cover hugging. (Not doubting some cold weeks).

Last spring's weeklies the euro had 57 negative weekly outlooks, 9 positive weekly outlooks.  7 of the 12 weeks averaged cold, one was normal.

Lol. Awful.

Snow cover playing a part in that? Or we looking at the byproduct of a PV split/displacement?

Ps, I'm sure we'll get +'s come June, July, August....

For Weeks 1 & 2, yes, but looks like just an old fashioned EPO crapfest in Weeks 3 & 4.

We didn't last year...

-6 for week 3 still doesn't sound like Tombo's mention of "lows in the teens" the other day. At least without a snow cover. Does that mean a bit "warmer" than the cool down that was expected after mid-month as of a week ago?

That's the week average. A single day could easily be much colder if another day is much Warner than that average.

-6 for week 3 still doesn't sound like Tombo's mention of "lows in the teens" the other day.  At least without a snow cover.  Does that mean a bit "warmer" than the cool down that was expected after mid-month as of a week ago?

Euro is showing teens late next week into weekend for numerous nights

That's the week average. A single day could easily be much colder if another day is much Warner than that average.

:lol2:

As if!

Yeah, I could see a cold night or two, but I can't see it being so cold unless it's a brief shot. 

Euro is showing teens late next week into weekend for numerous nights

Maybe, but being that cold for "numerous nights" doesn't sound like it would fit into the -6 weekly anymore based on avg for that time.  Not unless it's a wild swing to pretty high daytime temps balancing it, but that doesn't look likely either.  That sounds more like -8 or -9 if it's numerous nights combined with appropriate (for that level of cold) highs.  If it were 48 during the day, maybe it could keep that avg.   Is that factoring in the ongoing cold bias (and presumed lack of snow coverage, though I know it's possible for there to be some) for that time?

Then there's the CFS...  ^_^ 

:lol2:

As if!

Yeah, I could see a cold night or two, but I can't see it being so cold unless it's a brief shot. 

Maybe, but being that cold for "numerous nights" doesn't sound like it would fit into the -6 weekly anymore based on avg for that time.  Not unless it's a wild swing to pretty high daytime temps balancing it, but that doesn't look likely either.  That sounds more like -8 or -9 if it's numerous nights combined with appropriate (for that level of cold) highs.  If it were 48 during the day, maybe it could keep that avg.   Is that factoring in the ongoing cold bias (and presumed lack of snow coverage, though I know it's possible for there to be some) for that time?

Then there's the CFS...  ^_^

It looks like its split between the end of week 2 and the start of week 3.  Euro week 1(s) definitely had a cold bias for much of last spring until snow cover disappeared in Canada.

It looks like its split between the end of week 2 and the start of week 3.  Euro week 1(s) definitely had a cold bias for much of last spring until snow cover disappeared in Canada.

That makes a little more sense if it would be more of a -8, -9 if it were all in one week.   Given this cursed west ridge pattern I'd believe teens in July at this point. 

Do you have a the weeklies progged from this same time period last year to compare against this year?  Last year we still had decent snow cover at this point IIRC.

That makes a little more sense if it would be more of a -8, -9 if it were all in one week.   Given this cursed west ridge pattern I'd believe teens in July at this point. 

Do you have a the weeklies progged from this same time period last year to compare against this year?  Last year we still had decent snow cover at this point IIRC.

If it doesnt take you to page 5, its probably easiest that way.

Its the verifying week, so if it says Match 10th or 3/10 its the week starting March 10th. The week1 cold bias was strongest lat April.

http://www.phillywx.com/index.php?/topic/6-euro-weekly-scoreboard/page-5

If it doesnt take you to page 5, its probably easiest that way.

Its the verifying week, so if it says Match 10th or 3/10 its the week starting March 10th. The week1 cold bias was strongest lat April.

http://www.phillywx.com/index.php?/topic/6-euro-weekly-scoreboard/page-5

Thanks - it takes me a long while to try to interpret those things. It looks remarkably similar to this year in this time frame if I'm reading it right.