The "Official" what are you drinking thread

11 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Outdoor Christmas lights going up. 

Need a bit of a “warm up” 

DD7346DE-53C8-440B-9F76-3F5A022BE224.jpeg

We put our lights up a few weeks ago.  I can only imagine how many people rolled their eyes going by.

• Like 1
  • Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't you all think I should be placed atop The forum leaderboard for this post?

Yard work done for the day

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Colin said:

We put our lights up a few weeks ago.  I can only imagine how many people rolled their eyes going by.

Ha! I’m all for putting up lights when my hands aren’t frozen. Of course, never goes as smooth as expected. Bought 9 new boxes of white LED String lights. All labeled “Warm White”. Well, 3 are actually warm looking the rest are way too white/blue. Wtf. Back to Home Depot tomorrow. Guess I need to check each string in store  

1 hour ago, Parsley said:

Ha! I’m all for putting up lights when my hands aren’t frozen. Of course, never goes as smooth as expected. Bought 9 new boxes of white LED String lights. All labeled “Warm White”. Well, 3 are actually warm looking the rest are way too white/blue. Wtf. Back to Home Depot tomorrow. Guess I need to check each string in store  

I miss putting up lights.  My old house I had a lot up, this home is too high and I get nervous, so wreaths and spotlights, haha

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Parsley said:

I had the same issue…had to make 3 trips to Home Depot and basically ended up replacing all our lights before they all matched 🤦‍♂️

36 minutes ago, frankdp23 said:

I miss putting up lights.  My old house I had a lot up, this home is too high and I get nervous, so wreaths and spotlights, haha

Yeah. Same here.  I have 3 (just bought 2 more) of those red/green “star shower” spotlights. That does good lighting up the whole front. A few lit characters, a wreath, lit up light post and I decided to light a bunch of new shrubs this season but that’s a fail. I may just return the 9 sets and not bother looking for perfect matches. Maybe it’s a sign to pass on that. 😆 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Colin said:

I had the same issue…had to make 3 trips to Home Depot and basically ended up replacing all our lights before they all matched 🤦‍♂️

Super annoying. 

Just curious, is thanksgiving a big drinking holiday at your get-togethers, or is it Christmas or is New Years still king? For me, I think it’s t’giving ( this year) because the whole family will be together.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, eastonwx said:

Just curious, is thanksgiving a big drinking holiday at your get-togethers, or is it Christmas or is New Years still king? For me, I think it’s t’giving ( this year) because the whole family will be together.

My immediate family that we go to on Thanksgiving doesn't drink much at all.  Then we head over to friends for dessert, and they are usually pretty hammered compared to Christmas.  New Years Eve varies, lol  

• Like 3

Thanksgiving is the most relaxed, laid back holiday. No kids rampaging through gifts, etc. That allows for the best food grazing and beverage consumption.

Christmas is too hectic (with kids and nieces/nephews around) and so much other stuff going on. New Years, I'm too old and barely make it to midnight and again, my kids are usually up with us.

• Like 3