The "Official" what are you drinking thread

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't you all think I should be placed atop The forum leaderboard for this post?

Yard work done for the day

Posted Images

On 6/20/2021 at 8:54 PM, frankdp23 said:

Had a couple of these today. Really good.

Screenshot_20210620-205416_Textra.jpg

Sailed out to Fishers several times back in my Coast Guard days. Beautiful country up there! 

• Like 1

We took my wife out to dinner last night for our birthday, and she wanted to go to Victory since we haven't been in since before the pandemic. 

This display wasn't there last time. Have any of you tried any ST liquor offerings?

20210625_182855.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not at all.. But you may be regretting it now 🤣

I went out for a couple of beers at Lancaster Brewing after our round yesterday and woke up with a mild headache this morning. Getting old, man. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

I went out for a couple of beers at Lancaster Brewing after our round yesterday and woke up with a mild headache this morning. Getting old, man. 

Lol. Dinner and an evening quick nap helped out. 

Not too bad this morning. Weather is miserable, on the other hand . 

• Like 1
On 6/26/2021 at 7:29 AM, mshaffer526 said:

We took my wife out to dinner last night for our birthday, and she wanted to go to Victory since we haven't been in since before the pandemic. 

This display wasn't there last time. Have any of you tried any ST liquor offerings?

20210625_182855.jpg

I bought the Southern Tier bourbon a few months ago, but haven’t opened it yet. I have too many other whiskeys open, meaning it will take a very long time to finish any particular bottle,  and I worry that they will go bad. They don’t last forever, I have had a few even high-end whiskeys end up with that stuff that looks like pond scum rising from the bottom of the bottle. Haven’t been able to find too much information on what causes that, or whether the whiskey is still OK to drink, but it’s not very appetizing either way so I usually dump it at that point.

• Like 1

One new thing I’ve been enjoying this summer is gin mixed with those relatively new Aha naturally-flavored, zero-calorie seltzers. I like pairing the watermelon-cucumber seltzer with Hendricks gin. I use about 2 oz of gin and fill a highball glass with ice and the seltzer, and garnish with a lime wedge. Very refreshing on a hot day, has a cleaner, less-cloying taste than a gin-and-tonic, and is less calories than that or some other cocktails that I might ordinarily have. 

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

I have not, how was it?

Good, straight forward IPA. Exactly like it says on the can, "Bright, Citrusy, Balanced". Brewed in Philly! First I've tried from them.

On 7/11/2021 at 7:16 AM, mshaffer526 said:

Getting old ain't for sissy's!!! 😁

5 hours ago, eastonwx said:

Good, straight forward IPA. Exactly like it says on the can, "Bright, Citrusy, Balanced". Brewed in Philly! First I've tried from them.

I'm a big fan of the hazy IPA's and NEPA. New trail, trillium, tree house brewing my favorites so far 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

I'm a big fan of the hazy IPA's and NEPA. New trail, trillium, tree house brewing my favorites so far 

A bit of a drive for you, but Lone Eagle brewery in Flemington has some really good hazy ipa's.  They have a whole series they have been doing.  

• Like 1
On 6/20/2021 at 8:54 PM, frankdp23 said:

Had a couple of these today. Really good.

Screenshot_20210620-205416_Textra.jpg

These are good. Mix with some hard iced tea and you got a doozy. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

I’m with you Tom. Give the double IPAs a try too. Even though they pack more of a punch alcohol wise, they tend to be smooth drinkers like the NE IPAs and the hazys. Try an Equilibrium DIPA. Lone Pine, Lord Hobo, and Vault also make good ones.

• Like 1

Philly breweries I'd like to visit and sample their wares:

Love City

Human Robot

That would probably be enough for one day for me, lol.

18 hours ago, PRINCETON ANGLER said:

I’m with you Tom. Give the double IPAs a try too. Even though they pack more of a punch alcohol wise, they tend to be smooth drinkers like the NE IPAs and the hazys. Try an Equilibrium DIPA. Lone Pine, Lord Hobo, and Vault also make good ones.

I’ve had Lord hobo before