Where have all the Robins gone?

birddog

It seems like the only bird I see between November and February are the absurdly large flocks (murders?) of crows that number in the hundreds or thousands.  Makes taking the dog for a walk a downright eerie/frightening chore.

There's a place in near/ in woodstown Nj, by town & country golf links... The most ABSOLUTLE stunning display of swans I've ever seen. Numbers in the thousands. Not sure how long they stay there, but when I snuck a round of golf in in February, they were there.

In Bethlehem last weekend and (crapping) crows by the hundreds/thousands in the trees...

Saw one car with a "new" paint job...

The noise was incredible!

This was from my friends house in Gettysburg a few days ago:6e1f9e7f5bb4d9f3c2d37aecac5b6e61.jpg

Lol..nice shot!

Those "robins" look a lot like cardinals...

Never seen so many at once!

yea seriously, tons of cardinals, with some sparrows and looks like some nuthatch's

Love the one taking flight on the left

european starlings? 

EuropeanStarling-1.jpg

The biatches of birds (along with grackles)!!

We had a female hanging around our feeder last weekend in Middletown. Very pretty birds even though the males are more striking.

It's so funny reading the comments following Brian's post because, even though the thread title mentions robins, my brain saw cardinals.

I have hords of them here in Chalfont. They are eating dirt and crappin on my wood pile, truck, and front step. Pretty much any non-snow covered spot. What a freekin. We have Holly trees with berries they swarmed for a few days then started chowin' on dirt. However they are month late this year same as last. Ususlly show the first week in Feb to make their mess.

european starlings? 

EuropeanStarling-1.jpg

If I had a smart phone, I would try. They are back this morning, about 10 days behind schedule. Some have a blueish/purplish tinge on their heads, one had a yellow patch on the side near where its wing rests. Very aggressive birds, all the others fly away when they arrive. Also easily startled. I was going to post haven't seen too many mourning doves, but hearing one as I type.

If I had a smart phone, I would try. They are back this morning, about 10 days behind schedule. Some have a blueish/purplish tinge on their heads, one had a yellow patch on the side near where its wing rests. Very aggressive birds, all the others fly away when they arrive. Also easily startled. I was going to post haven't seen too many mourning doves, but hearing one as I type.

the yellow patch sounds like a red winged black bird

red_winged_blackbird_15.jpg

the bluish head sounds like a grackle

Common_Grackle_male_RWD.jpg

• Like 1

And let's not forget this great "birds-eye-view" site...

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=1592549&mode=2