2/26 obs

tombo82685

It was kind of cool to watch the MSAS pressure falls this morning.  They got right to the VA/NC boarder before shifting nearly east.  A lot of the hi-res showed the fgen banding quickly shifting east as the offshore convection pulled the low that way.  Of note too, the water vapor and IR this morning was showing lots of warming across our area.

It was kind of cool to watch the MSAS pressure falls this morning.  They got right to the VA/NC boarder before shifting nearly east.  A lot of the hi-res showed the fgen banding quickly shifting east as the offshore convection pulled the low that way.  Of note too, the water vapor and IR this morning was showing lots of warming across our area.

You can see the banding race eastward on current radar loop.  Pretty amazing how quickly the the dynamics shifted east w/ the lp.  

Did the Euro do the tuck rule along the nc coast with the 00z run?

Did the Euro do the tuck rule along the nc coast with the 00z run?

Honestly I did not notice but the pressure falls did something similar too...then jetted offshore.  There was lots of convection off the SC coast late last night...displaced too far west on the EC?

Honestly I did not notice but the pressure falls did something similar too...then jetted offshore.  There was lots of convection off the SC coast late last night...displaced too far west on the EC?

It was a category shift nwwd 12z euro vs 00z euro, .01 became a tenth, .1 became a quarter, etc. Tom would know, I think they brought a tenth close to Philly. Anyway its sublimating faster than its accumulating here.

Heavy snow here.  As of posting this I have about 1.5" on the ground.  Based on the radar and current snow rate, we may flirt with warning criteria accumulations.  Very surprised schools weren't canceled with this happening in the middle of the morning commute.

• Like 1

It was a category shift nwwd 12z euro vs 00z euro, .01 became a tenth, .1 became a quarter, etc. Tom would know, I think they brought a tenth close to Philly. Anyway its sublimating faster than its accumulating here.

0z run shifted the .1 line further south to just south of the Tpk. But some of that is from the northern stream low that rots as it comes through tomorrow.