Obs/Temps/Pcpn/Copenhagen Wx/Real Autumn Discussion

tombo82685

24 minutes ago, eastonwx said:

Yes, oven season has commenced! I’ve been grilling a lot the last couple of months, now we transition to comfort food dishes! Still grilling, just not as much!

47 last night.  Just put a pork shoulder on the smoker for some pulled pork later.  :)  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, eastonwx said:

43.7 Another low 40s morning and the house is getting cooler, but I refuse to turn on any heat until at least October 1st lol

68CAEA5F-2A05-456F-9A9C-7FF20FB84CEB.jpeg.5be3b66f37f28d949cd5a6a51e3e970d.jpeg

I turned mine on last week. House was 60. Highs past week hasn’t gotten above mid 50s

4 hours ago, eastonwx said:

43.7 Another low 40s morning and the house is getting cooler, but I refuse to turn on any heat until at least October 1st lol

Bedroom windows still open overnight with the fan running. Pulled out an extra blanket last week but not close firing up the heater at this point. Wore a light sweatshirt twice during the early am dogwalks otherwise still shorts & tee-shirts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

I turned mine on last week. House was 60. Highs past week hasn’t gotten above mid 50s

I thought you would wait until there was a layer of ice on your morning coffee, lol

seriously, there seems to be about a 10-14 day break between a/c and heat around here lately 

1 hour ago, eastonwx said:

I thought you would wait until there was a layer of ice on your morning coffee, lol

seriously, there seems to be about a 10-14 day break between a/c and heat around here lately 

Hahaha. I don’t drink coffee, no need to for me. Dropped the low now to freezing tonight. So maybe first freeze here tonight. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, frankdp23 said:

Great pic @Parsley.  You have an awesome open view at your place.  Wish I had a better view here, but caught this.  

20220929_185602.jpg

Thanks. It's nice being up on a hill a bit, also helps it's taken from the 2nd story bedroom window. Coldest morning of the fall IMBY today. 43. Looks like a good weekend to hibernate.

• Like 3

September was 14th warmest at ASOS assisted PHL.  The rest of the big climo sites were near normal, except for ABE (below).  At ILG, it was the 28th warmest.  If PHL had the same ranking as ILG, monthly mean would have been 71.3F, not 72.1F.

PHL continues to live toward the edge of ASOS tolerance acceptability.

ffff.JPG

Snow showers Sat in Colebrook as well with a 43 high.     They've been upper 20's a couple times so no more frost or freeze advisories there.     Still have painting to do - hoping for a late month warmup in the east before the hammer comes down.

• Like 1