Jump to content

Meteorological Autumn Banter Thread


snowlurker
 Share

Recommended Posts

Amazing how the Phillies cool off when the 330 million dollar DH comes off of the DL. Guy plays his rear-end off but the chemistry is just not there imho. Just like the first year he left Washington, they win the World Series. They couldn't win a playoff series with him........ hmmmm...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Captain Lou said:

Amazing how the Phillies cool off when the 330 million dollar DH comes off of the DL. Guy plays his rear-end off but the chemistry is just not there imho. Just like the first year he left Washington, they win the World Series. They couldn't win a playoff series with him........ hmmmm...

Or it's just the customary phillies late season swoon we've come to expect every year. They haven't had a winning sept since the meaningless 2017 season when they lost 96 games. Since then they've been in WC contention heading into September ever year only to crap the bed & miss the playoffs. The Phillies are 46-67 during the past 4 sept's & appear on the way to another dump this month. Only saving grace this season is MLB added another WC team & the Brewers have struggled. Just a week ago the Phillies had a 92% chance to make the playoffs, after the road trip that's now down to 77%.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Paging @eastonwx….

Best bar/pub in downtown Easton for lunch on a weekday? 
 

Good wings, burgers, beer preferred. 

Porters Pub 700 Northampton St

great beer menu, tap and bottle, good food 

Two Rivers Brewing 524 Northampton St

decent beers, menu may be more traditional bar grub

maybe google for their menus to see what you like

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, eastonwx said:

Porters Pub 700 Northampton St

great beer menu, tap and bottle, good food 

Two Rivers Brewing 524 Northampton St

decent beers, menu may be more traditional bar grub

maybe google for their menus to see what you like

Nice! Thank you very much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Parsley said:

Nice! Thank you very much. 

Enjoy. Porters has been our go-to, you at least need to stop in for one, lol. If you do, check out the mugs on the ceiling. Drink  60, get a nice pewter mug. Yes, I do have one!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wife and I went to see Chazz Palminteri's one man stage show of A Bronx Tale at AMT last night. Wow, what a performance. Just him and a chair for 90 minutes, telling the story of his childhood. Highly recommend. I love the movie, was a little jealous of my wife who went in cold and didn't know his story. 

@susqushawn... I had just walked in and ran right into this guy. I was the only one that initially recognized him, so walked up and quietly asked if he was who I thought he was. Super nice guy, he was in town to see his friend Chazz. I did mention your blog but can't promise he will remember 😉

 

20220910_191247.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mshaffer526 said:

My wife and I went to see Chazz Palminteri's one man stage show of A Bronx Tale at AMT last night. Wow, what a performance. Just him and a chair for 90 minutes, telling the story of his childhood. Highly recommend. I love the movie, was a little jealous of my wife who went in cold and didn't know his story. 

@susqushawn... I had just walked in and ran right into this guy. I was the only one that initially recognized him, so walked up and quietly asked if he was who I thought he was. Super nice guy, he was in town to see his friend Chazz. I did mention your blog but can't promise he will remember 😉

 

20220910_191247.jpg

Awesome! Love Vic! How much you pay for that photo? 2 DOLLAZZZZ?!?!?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

My wife and I went to see Chazz Palminteri's one man stage show of A Bronx Tale at AMT last night. Wow, what a performance. Just him and a chair for 90 minutes, telling the story of his childhood. Highly recommend. I love the movie, was a little jealous of my wife who went in cold and didn't know his story. 

@susqushawn... I had just walked in and ran right into this guy. I was the only one that initially recognized him, so walked up and quietly asked if he was who I thought he was. Super nice guy, he was in town to see his friend Chazz. I did mention your blog but can't promise he will remember 😉

 

20220910_191247.jpg

Did he have any bread and milk with him?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

My wife and I went to see Chazz Palminteri's one man stage show of A Bronx Tale at AMT last night. Wow, what a performance. Just him and a chair for 90 minutes, telling the story of his childhood. Highly recommend. I love the movie, was a little jealous of my wife who went in cold and didn't know his story. 

@susqushawn... I had just walked in and ran right into this guy. I was the only one that initially recognized him, so walked up and quietly asked if he was who I thought he was. Super nice guy, he was in town to see his friend Chazz. I did mention your blog but can't promise he will remember 😉

 

20220910_191247.jpg

Yes!!! You're the only one here that knows about the blog probably, he was part of my inspiration.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wife is going on a wine weekend to the Poconos this weekend; looking for something fun to do outside with the kids on Saturday.  Thinking about heading down to North East, MD and Elk Creek State Park--has anyone been down that way?  Looks like a fun way to kill a few hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gonna invade true PhillyWx territory tomorrow. Heading to the Greyhounds Reach the Beach at Dewey Beach. Not with, unfortunately, the girl in my avatar. Her and her sister passed on last year, but we have a new greyhound, Tessa. This is her first trip to DE. Curious to see how much effect the Ian spawned nor'easter had on the Dewey-Rehoboth-Lewes area. 

Have to say, I love the DE beaches, and I don't get the fascination people around my neck of the woods have with North Carolina. Better area, IMO, and shorter drive to reach it. 

51891017616_5611ab7a6b_c (1).jpg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Ambient told me that Wunderground servers are just dropping on line stations.  I e-mailed them, so maybe by Christmas they will fix it.

Being a former IBM employee, that's why it is called Wunderground, cause its a "wunder" it works at all. 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...