Meteorological Summer Banter Thread

Rainshadow

2 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

For any Ambient folks... Is there an easy way to pull a report or spreadsheet of things like daily high temperatures for the last three months? The only way I can seem to do it is manually looking at each date on my dashboard. 

It isn't perfect, but if you are on a computer, if you click on Charts and Graphs on the top, then once that view opens, there is a date range you can choose from on the right hand side that you can pull data from.  You can use the filters to choose what you want.  It looks like this when you are done.  

Screenshot 2022-08-03 093055.jpg

49 minutes ago, Harbourton said:

Phillies improved at center field and pitching on trade deadline. Phillie fans take Zach Wheeler for granted. He has Cy Young potential. Would be nice to see some post season play.

Agree on the upgrades. Post season a good possibility, as roughly 40 of their remaining 58 games are against teams under .500. Could be a tough team in the playoffs as they’ll likely be underdogs 

1 hour ago, Harbourton said:

Phillies improved at center field and pitching on trade deadline. Phillie fans take Zach Wheeler for granted. He has Cy Young potential. Would be nice to see some post season play.

LOL, Phillies fans don't take Zach Wheeler for granted, there was tremendous outrage when he didn't make the All-Star team this year. If anything this year Nola has been taken for granted, his NL pitching rankings are terrific. The W/L record is reflection of poor run support & defense behind him.

Really like the moves the Phils made at the deadline-additions and subtractions. Segura back, hopefully Harper in a couple weeks...feel good about October baseball. The fight they've shown since Harper went down has been impressive. 

• Like 4

As of yesterday, I am an official NWS COOP station (for precipitation only). Lee Robertson (from NWS) came out and took some measurements and got me signed up. Lee is a super-nice person and hopefully you will all have the pleasure of meeting or at least talking with him. He will return in the near future to install a 4" gauge, but my current setup was acceptable and I can start reporting. He also gave me a nifty snow board!! I had hoped to get the temperature sensor as well but due to budgetary restraints, they have not been approved for any new sensors as of now. I think @Rainshadow got the last one! lol

• Like 9

1 hour ago, eastonwx said:

As of yesterday, I am an official NWS COOP station (for precipitation only). Lee Robertson (from NWS) came out and took some measurements and got me signed up. Lee is a super-nice person and hopefully you will all have the pleasure of meeting or at least talking with him. He will return in the near future to install a 4" gauge, but my current setup was acceptable and I can start reporting. He also gave me a nifty snow board!! I had hoped to get the temperature sensor as well but due to budgetary restraints, they have not been approved for any new sensors as of now. I think @Rainshadow got the last one! lol

Good thing I got the last one, someone has to keep VAY in place.  Congrats!  New fiscal year starts in October, maybe then you'll be able to get a thermometer also. Your location would be great to fill in data gaps.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Good thing I got the last one, someone has to keep VAY in place.  Congrats!  New fiscal year starts in October, maybe then you'll be able to get a thermometer also. Your location would be great to fill in data gaps.

Thanks Tony. Lee said I am the only coop in Northampton county (hard to believe). I also believe he said they'll be able to use my CoCoRahs data from the last eleven years, which would be good. We compared my Davis Vue temp data (small sample) with the P'Burg-Easton Bridge(about 7 miles away) coop sensor data and surprisingly they weren't that far apart. My Davis is some instances was only off about a degree difference, so I feel better about some of my high readings.

• Like 3

I thought for a second that the solar panel Lee installed about two feet below the Ambient temperature sensor  caused this weird temperature hump every afternoon (maybe) when the panel had the most direct sunlight hitting it.  But he installed it on June 3rd and this weird after 3 pm bump was there before.  It never was deemed official, but i do feel bad that it goes out on wunderground.  The mins are good (within 1F on Nimbus vs 4F difference on max temp yesterday, higher than VAY so I know it is bad).  Maybe it is time for a new station?

531.JPG

711.JPG

723.JPG

726.JPG

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Looking forward to the series finale of Better Call Saul tonight. I think it should be good. The end of the Breaking Bad era.

They did a great job with the story line. I will be curious to see what Vince Gilligan will move onto next and will watch whatever it is. We shall see what happens to “Gene” tonight…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rainshadow said:

Looking forward to the series finale of Better Call Saul tonight. I think it should be good. The end of the Breaking Bad era.

Eager to see how the Kim/Jimmy relationship will be resolved. Seems like it'll be BITTERsweet.

• Like 3

Bought a misting line last year that hooks up to your hose and have it lining our back porch. Even on the hottest days it brings some relief as long as you get some breeze. Downside is it does leave wetness in spots which could be a slip hazard.

D748C5AA-D8D0-41A7-A3E4-49E4B2C0E5EB.jpeg.73738ea7de361ace16252b2554eaad79.jpeg

• Like 6

Just a quick shout out to the Phillies. They improved their position without Harper. He is back tonite. The current coach of the Phillies has been making right decisions. If they kept Joe Girardi til the end of the year Rob Thompson would have never gotten a shot at head coach.

• Like 5

On 8/26/2022 at 4:15 PM, Harbourton said:

Just a quick shout out to the Phillies. They improved their position without Harper. He is back tonite. The current coach of the Phillies has been making right decisions. If they kept Joe Girardi til the end of the year Rob Thompson would have never gotten a shot at head coach.

Just like the Nationals did the first year they were rid of him...😄.... see what happens....