Obs/Temps/Pcpn/Lowville Wx/Run-Of-The-Mill Spring Weather Discussion

Bananashadow

Nice temp spread yesterday, 23 degrees for the morning stroll in LMT to 81 degrees in Columbus, GA at 5:30 in the afternoon.

Down here it's currently 57 on the way to a high of 86 today, wind advisory starting at 11:00am & right on the enhanced severe threat line for the overnight.

Back home 23 this morning.

Winds are ripping down here. The house has actually shaken several times over the last hour. ACY shows a single gust to 45mph at their latest hourly observation but it wouldn't surprise me if there have been 50mph gusts around the area.

Was in North/Central and Northeast PA for work this past week and my goodness what a weather roller coaster. Nasty snow squalls Monday afternoon, near 70 Thursday with SVR/ TOR warnings, and then a period of heavier snow showers Friday. Drove through some areas of trees/ wires down and roof damage to homes in areas around Williamsport Thursday evening. Snow photo below is from Friday afternoon in the Hazleton area. 

45E238F2-2454-407A-9945-82AAB3D19DBE.png

E7690F35-7055-46E9-ACC5-A86D0A1E8834.png

• Like 7

On this date in 2018 - I recorded 2.5" of snow in East Nantmeal with a temp that never fell below freezing. High of 44.3 Low of 33.0

image.png.f5129a4bf6997a2ea89db2de9036f38e.png

Nice Saturday being ruined by thick black smoke in the air and a bunch of long pieces of black debris of some sort falling from the sky. Coming from just west of me I think. 

6A2F60DF-D847-4226-A816-4BF2B6263FEF.gif

• Like 1