Jump to content

Meteorological Spring Banter Thread


Bananashadow
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am beyond relieved, excited, and emotional right now! Just got the clear to close on my first home purchase. It’s out in NE Waterford, PA. It’s 1.37 acres a couple miles south of I-90 about 10-15 minutes outside of Erie. I am doing the signing tomorrow. I was supposed to close last week, but it was postponed because the appraiser had to do a re-inspection of the seller’s fixes and the initial report was slow in the making. Everything is almost packed and ready to go! 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ErieWX said:

I am beyond relieved, excited, and emotional right now! Just got the clear to close on my first home purchase. It’s out in NE Waterford, PA. It’s 1.37 acres a couple miles south of I-90 about 10-15 minutes outside of Erie. I am doing the signing tomorrow. I was supposed to close last week, but it was postponed because the appraiser had to do a re-inspection of the seller’s fixes and the initial report was slow in the making. Everything is almost packed and ready to go! 

Congrats, is that an increase in snow for you with increased elevation?  My mom grew up near Jamestown, NY and still has family in extreme southern Chatauqua, Co. NY. Was up there every Christmas as a kid. ❄️ 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Congrats, is that an increase in snow for you with increased elevation?  My mom grew up near Jamestown, NY and still has family in extreme southern Chatauqua, Co. NY. Was up there every Christmas as a kid. ❄️ 

once on the other side of i90 snowfall and elev jumps up quickly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

once on the other side of i90 snowfall and elev jumps up quickly

 

22 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Yeah, so a smart move for snow. 

BAB85A4D-DFEF-4DAB-8343-20CCA48CBEB7.jpeg

3328B794-92CE-4AAB-AA1A-632D08ECACD8.jpeg

Yeah it’s a good big man weenie upslope spot. Personally I wouldn’t consider it Waterford and more so Hammett. It’s funny because if you go another 7-8 miles SE on Rte 8, you end up in Lowville, PA lol. Wasn’t looking in the area in particular but just stumbled upon it and liked it 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DebShadow23.0 said:

Did they reach an agreement today?

It will snow in the Adirondacks.  I'll go with that.

It’ll be just minor leaguers. If you wait a few weeks, you’ll just have to travel to Allentown or reading  to see them instead of Florida 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@susqushawn & @Heisenberg

Aside from some fluke April event this should be it for real winter wx. 

Just wanted to say thx for all your posting contributions this winter. Your enthusiasm for potential winter events is something that keeps me invested even during seasons with minimal opportunity like this one. Again thanks for all your analysis & glad Heisey hung around Philly for another winter.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone have interest in starting a phillywx NCAA basketball tournament bracket for bragging rights? We had one a few years back I believe. I would but am not that savvy lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi friendly neighborhood mods...would you mind maybe unstickying some of the old threads in the Obs/Banter section?  I noticed a lot of old threads are stuck at the top and the ones that are being used regularly are down the page a bit.  

Thank you...you can tell me to go pound sand too.  😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PRINCETON ANGLER said:

Was out last evening around 6:00 PM having a beer after working outside for several hours and was bitten by a mosquito.

Being bitten by a mosquito in March is a violation of nature.

I just look at the glass being half full - no spotted lantern flies is a plus. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PRINCETON ANGLER said:

Was out last evening around 6:00 PM having a beer after working outside for several hours and was bitten by a mosquito.

Being bitten by a mosquito in March is a violation of nature.

Seems like bugs, mosquitoes, grass etc. are ahead of schedule this year despite the recent cold. Now we have severe weather potential this afternoon.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Captain Lou said:

Seems like bugs, mosquitoes, grass etc. are ahead of schedule this year despite the recent cold. Now we have severe weather potential this afternoon.  


severe weather potential = best part of spring in my opinion… That first crack of thunder is better than the first robin or daffodil 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...