1 yr ago today, the famous snow game

tombo82685

I was living in Woolwhich Twp NJ for this and I remember my pregnant wife and I went out for brunch a few miles from our house and it just started to snow when we left. I remember my wife asked me how much snow we were supposed to get and I told oh nothing much maybe an inch or a coating.  An hour later we were leaving brunch and the there was almost 3" in the parking lot and we went home and watched that eagles game in awe.  Then a  few hours later we had nearly 10" of snow in the driveway.  That storm was one of the biggest weather surprises for me personally.  

Yea, if I'm not mistaken, the previous meso modeling had this as a Dc-Baltimore special leading up to this?

yup, 12z nam caught on to phl jackpot that day. While i sat in gilly smoking cirrus clouds, till the afternoon which i picked up 1.5-2". That was a fun drive nto wrk though that day to plow the clubhouse. Going from cloudy skies up my way to lgt snow on 422 by t bird to a full on assault once by kop area

I was in Orlando on business while my wife was chauferring my daughter to a cheer competition.  She FaceTime'd me to tell me of all the snow, and I told her she needed to hold on because I was hitting my tee shot on 16 at Shingle Creek.  She loved that, I tell you.

Best surprise storm that I can ever reminder, but what a terrible game (Lions fan, here). Based upon being burned too many times the previous two winters, I told me coworkers that we'd only receive about 1.5". Woo boy was I wrong, but happy to be wrong in that instance.