Jersey Shore is Two-for-Two, This Time Around We Might Be Blue - 1/16/22-1/17/22 Event

8 minutes ago, mweav067 said:

Unfortunately not every storm can be January 2016...

...but I'm 77 car miles northwest of the city and the Euro is getting ready to move the dry slot over me. 

Which way to the ledge?

Embrace the Suck!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiburon said:

NIIIIIAAAAAGGGRRRRAAAA FALLS!

Slowly I turned...Step...by....step....Inch...by....inch.

image.jpeg.b67cb87b006824fb7fb6e81587f156a8.jpeg

Link for the savage uninitiated.

Thanks very much for that reference. Now my cultural education is complete.

• Like 3

These types of storms are fun to track because they are usually high risk - high reward, but when totals are lowered across the board and the “high reward” zone gets too small it loses the thrill for me. 

• Like 1

I know the NWS folks know what they are doing, but I suppose they are playing it safe and will downgrade at T-0:

Sunday Night
Snow before 11pm, then snow and sleet between 11pm and 2am, then rain after 2am. Low around 25. Breezy, with an east wind 15 to 20 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

NWS hoisted the WSW for my area 7 to 11 inches possible. Only issue is an increasing rain threat for Wednesdays clipper during the day time. Gone are the days that Erie can snow with normal heights. And it’s also pretty much the only day thru day 10+ that we are above freezing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

nws buffalo has 8-12 for here, as of now im going 4-8 thinking sleet and maybe dry slot gets in here to slash totals. Would feel better with a few ticks east 

Buffalo has been getting hammered this season compared to surrounding areas

Shore and Delaware Bay lucking out on this one. Storm surge is relatively short duration and well timed to avoid high tide. Chart below is for Reedy Point, De Bay. Peak storm impact there is sizable, 4.5 feet, but at low tide.

dereed.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Heisenberg said:

Yep, that's the updates current plan, but if we keep seeing it shift to toronto its chase cancel  

The Falls would be a nice add in a snowstorm, and you could measure slowly........ inch by inch

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Nam is insanely NW. Maybe the phasing shortwave sampled better, but wow, guess I'm saving money? 

Stay home and enjoy football. When Tombo is having mixing issues their is nothing more to say… 

84990745-A6CF-4675-B0AA-CD683C16123F.png