Temps/Obs/Pcpn/Lowville/Nothing That Unusual Weather Discussion

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10 outside right now. Almost daylight with moon reflecting off of snow 

Erie’s bay front is completely frozen over. Stayed in the mid-teens all day and is slowly “warming up” to the 20s tonight

I took some sunset pics today in “just go back to bed” wind chills

Posted Images

Of note today in Chester County history January 19, 1994 marks the only time in observation history back to 1894 that the temperature failed to rise above zero degrees. On this date in 1994 the low was 11 below and the high temperature only made it to 1 below zero.image.png.175e5f4ae5b1e8a1d3f1fa0bbdac7240.png

36 minutes ago, chescowx said:

Of note today in Chester County history January 19, 1994 marks the only time in observation history back to 1894 that the temperature failed to rise above zero degrees. On this date in 1994 the low was 11 below and the high temperature only made it to 1 below zero.image.png.175e5f4ae5b1e8a1d3f1fa0bbdac7240.png

Ditto that.    I've lived here since 1986 and that is my only subzero day, minus 1 also.   I started out the day at -17, but no Davis back then, just a thermometer on a post in the orchard by the stream (Beaver Run).   That was a classic 10 days that we'll not see in our lifetimes.    If I recall it didn't drop all that much after that -1 day as the core of the cold moved out.

In other news, pretty dreadful up in Colebrook, snow stake at 10" in mid-January.   Normal annual is about 180", so snow drought is greater than here.   Good news there is we can cash in in a warm pattern.

• Sad 1

Of note today on average is the coldest day of the year here in Western Chester County....with that said today's average temperature of 16.7 is the 13th coldest January 21st with records back to 1894