Meteorological Autumn Banter Thread

On 8/23/2021 at 2:11 PM, tombo82685 said:

That’s the big question. Was really leaning Syracuse area as of late but I just can’t get over the taxes up there and how ridiculous they are. Might go back to vt or nh or maybe Erie area 

@tombo82685, only checking in here now. For what it is worth passing on my experience. I used to own property in northeastern Vermont, some towns can have high taxes, even for permanent residents. Yes, my property was seasonal and taxed at a higher rate than permanent residents.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope everyone is well. I have a question regarding a twitter thread this morning if this is a good place.

PhillyWx says:

> Northeast flow right off the ocean, say hello to the marine puke

https://twitter.com/phillywx/status/1445356130134282243

There's a reply that:

> This is the biggest fall weather indicator out there in my opinion. Onshore flow for dayssss.

https://twitter.com/TheWiledCard/status/1445363207703568397

What makes it such a fall weather indicator? Maybe it's related my other question, but I'm still pretty noob (forever actually).

Edit: I thought the tweets would embed.

2 hours ago, kwatts said:

I hope everyone is well. I have a question regarding a twitter thread this morning if this is a good place.

PhillyWx says:

> Northeast flow right off the ocean, say hello to the marine puke

https://twitter.com/phillywx/status/1445356130134282243

There's a reply that:

> This is the biggest fall weather indicator out there in my opinion. Onshore flow for dayssss.

https://twitter.com/TheWiledCard/status/1445363207703568397

What makes it such a fall weather indicator? Maybe it's related my other question, but I'm still pretty noob (forever actually).

Edit: I thought the tweets would embed.

Highs with their clockwise flow like to build over the Canadian maritimes in fall, hence the onshore flow.

• Like 2

Absolutely gutting PSU loss today. I'm not sure why Yurcich continued to insist on running an up tempo offense with a high school QB in, and a defense that is desperately trying to hold a lead and is getting more and more gassed. 

🤬

Let's not forget the 42nd anniversary of the 3" snowfall in this area with temperatures all day stuck at 33.    Seems so impossible in today's climate.

1 hour ago, rramblings said:

Hi everyone, as sometimes happens, I have not checked in here in a couple of weeks. But I am back with a  smile. 😁

Howdy. Drove right by your area last weekend doing fall festivities with my family. Actually spent a few nights in Branchburg. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Parsley said:

Howdy. Drove right by your area last weekend doing fall festivities with my family. Actually spent a few nights in Branchburg. 

You were actually in my town. Wow! You probably drove past my street off 202 haha

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Parsley said:

@Parsley, hope you and your family had a nice time. 

• Like 1
On 10/16/2021 at 10:51 PM, frankdp23 said:

You were actually in my town. Wow! You probably drove past my street off 202 haha

Frank! I stopped at Home Depot, Dunkin, McDonalds and Wegmans while there. I was looking for ya ;)

• Like 1
On 10/17/2021 at 6:28 AM, rramblings said:

@Parsley, hope you and your family had a nice time. 

We did, thanks. Weather wasn't the best but it could have been worse.

Norz Hill Farm had plenty of pumpkins for my girls to choose from. 

C9A13490-655F-4B19-88B3-44827C28DD3E.jpeg

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Frank! I stopped at Home Depot, Dunkin, McDonalds and Wegmans while there. I was looking for ya ;)

I was probably in Wegmans, haha.  Norz hill farm is about 2 minutes from me.  It is right over the river.  I'm heading there Saturday with the family to do the scare farm. 

• Like 3