Jump to content

Meteorological Autumn Banter Thread


Recommended Posts

On 8/23/2021 at 2:11 PM, tombo82685 said:

That’s the big question. Was really leaning Syracuse area as of late but I just can’t get over the taxes up there and how ridiculous they are. Might go back to vt or nh or maybe Erie area 

@tombo82685, only checking in here now. For what it is worth passing on my experience. I used to own property in northeastern Vermont, some towns can have high taxes, even for permanent residents. Yes, my property was seasonal and taxed at a higher rate than permanent residents.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I hope everyone is well. I have a question regarding a twitter thread this morning if this is a good place.

PhillyWx says:

> Northeast flow right off the ocean, say hello to the marine puke

https://twitter.com/phillywx/status/1445356130134282243

There's a reply that:

> This is the biggest fall weather indicator out there in my opinion. Onshore flow for dayssss.

https://twitter.com/TheWiledCard/status/1445363207703568397

What makes it such a fall weather indicator? Maybe it's related my other question, but I'm still pretty noob (forever actually).

Edit: I thought the tweets would embed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kwatts said:

I hope everyone is well. I have a question regarding a twitter thread this morning if this is a good place.

PhillyWx says:

> Northeast flow right off the ocean, say hello to the marine puke

https://twitter.com/phillywx/status/1445356130134282243

There's a reply that:

> This is the biggest fall weather indicator out there in my opinion. Onshore flow for dayssss.

https://twitter.com/TheWiledCard/status/1445363207703568397

What makes it such a fall weather indicator? Maybe it's related my other question, but I'm still pretty noob (forever actually).

Edit: I thought the tweets would embed.

Highs with their clockwise flow like to build over the Canadian maritimes in fall, hence the onshore flow.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely gutting PSU loss today. I'm not sure why Yurcich continued to insist on running an up tempo offense with a high school QB in, and a defense that is desperately trying to hold a lead and is getting more and more gassed. 

🤬

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's not forget the 42nd anniversary of the 3" snowfall in this area with temperatures all day stuck at 33.    Seems so impossible in today's climate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rramblings said:

Hi everyone, as sometimes happens, I have not checked in here in a couple of weeks. But I am back with a  smile. 😁

Howdy. Drove right by your area last weekend doing fall festivities with my family. Actually spent a few nights in Branchburg. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Parsley said:

Howdy. Drove right by your area last weekend doing fall festivities with my family. Actually spent a few nights in Branchburg. 

You were actually in my town. Wow! You probably drove past my street off 202 haha

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Parsley said:

Howdy. Drove right by your area last weekend doing fall festivities with my family. Actually spent a few nights in Branchburg. 

@Parsley, hope you and your family had a nice time. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2021 at 10:51 PM, frankdp23 said:

You were actually in my town. Wow! You probably drove past my street off 202 haha

Frank! I stopped at Home Depot, Dunkin, McDonalds and Wegmans while there. I was looking for ya ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2021 at 6:28 AM, rramblings said:

@Parsley, hope you and your family had a nice time. 

We did, thanks. Weather wasn't the best but it could have been worse.

Norz Hill Farm had plenty of pumpkins for my girls to choose from. 

C9A13490-655F-4B19-88B3-44827C28DD3E.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Frank! I stopped at Home Depot, Dunkin, McDonalds and Wegmans while there. I was looking for ya ;)

I was probably in Wegmans, haha.  Norz hill farm is about 2 minutes from me.  It is right over the river.  I'm heading there Saturday with the family to do the scare farm. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...