Jump to content

Temps/Obs/Pcpn/Run-Of-The-Mill Weather Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Getting ready for a cool night.  Nice looking clouds.

25 this morning. Another beaut’

Spent the weekend up in Waterville along Pine Creek Gorge. Such beautiful country up there. Leonard Harrison SP was closed due to heavy rains washing out the road in, but the view from the other side

Posted Images

19 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Found this on Twitter. This is downtown lowville a few years back. This is about 3.3 miles from me about 50’ higher in elev. sidewalk after recent lake effect bomb 

Tom is getting giddy

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, susqushawn said:

They seem very efficient with snow removal.  Second nature.  With 5br Heisi will be crashing soon enough

Pretty sure Heisi did the inspection.  Said everything checked out fine…

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

4th warmest october on record at airport through oct 20th?

If the month ended today this would be the warmest October on record in Chesco....that said looking ahead I am thinking we should end up with a low top 10 warmest October when all the numbers are in...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

4th warmest october on record at airport through oct 20th?

Northeast October rankings through the 20'th: phl - 4'th, ilg - 2nd, and Lowville #1

Screenshot 2021-10-21 200640.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, chescowx said:

If the month ended today this would be the warmest October on record in Chesco....that said looking ahead I am thinking we should end up with a low top 10 warmest October when all the numbers are in...

It's incredible. The lack of fall foliage and my thriving summer flower pots tell the story.

DF612BC4-876C-444D-87FA-3651979C1636.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2021 at 11:04 AM, chescowx said:

Mine says 57 - Sat / 57 - Sun / 55 - Mon / 55 - Tue / 59 - Wed - lowest temp is 41 on Sunday

last 6 gfs runs for monday - warm front is trending north putting us in warm sector. We  could end up 15-20+F warmer than progged a couple of days ago.

gfsmonday.gif

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chubbs said:

last 6 gfs runs for monday - warm front is trending north putting us in warm sector. We  could end up 15-20+F warmer than progged a couple of days ago.

gfsmonday.gif

Euro does the same - surprised the NWS P&C has a high temp of only 58 on Monday and Tuesday....I would bet the over. Either way no sign of any freezes till at least the 1st week of November....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, frankdp23 said:

When I was looking up info about it last year, it seems like it is highly regarded in Europe.  I have no idea how though.

Probably our version of the gfs, which isnt saying much 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chubbs said:

last 6 gfs runs for monday - warm front is trending north putting us in warm sector. We  could end up 15-20+F warmer than progged a couple of days ago.

gfsmonday.gif

I just noticed this a few hours ago - my phone told me 74 for Monday after seeing TV forecasts the last few days of around 59.

I did some digging this morning and most of the Philly TV stations, NWS, and even some Mets here closer to the shore are calling for around 59-65 on Monday. NBC10 in Philly is the only one so far who's adjusted their forecast, going for around 73-75. I think a lot of the public will be surprised at how much the Monday forecast is about to change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks unsettled next 10 days, but getting any heavy frost looks to be difficult for most. Looks like it's on to November for real cold potential.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hasn't even been much frost here in Colebrook yet.    Had some rime ice Monday at 3200' on Mt. Bunnell out my window.     30% chance of snow showers tonight with a low of 30.     Deciduous trees are 70% bare.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...