Temps/Obs/Pcpn/Run-Of-The-Mill Weather Discussion

13 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Didn't last long. Got into another house today. I waived inspection on this house as it's only 9 years old and was completely renovated in 2016. Only thing I'm getting checked out is septic and radon testing. Septic is only 9 years old. For those wondering, this is in Lowville, ny. The house is about 3 miles east of lowville the town about 4 miles from start of Adirondacks. Average snowfall is 125-135" I'm in a valley so it does hurt snowfall a bit thus the 125-135 instead of 200". Though, being in a Valley at 830' you get fig crushing cold

Congrats Tom, bet you can’t wait for that first 24-36” LES bomb with 3-4” per hour rates. Keep the beer cold and the grill ready!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Getting ready for a cool night.  Nice looking clouds.

25 this morning. Another beaut’

Spent the weekend up in Waterville along Pine Creek Gorge. Such beautiful country up there. Leonard Harrison SP was closed due to heavy rains washing out the road in, but the view from the other side

Posted Images

That red dot is basically where my house is. Can def see the valley effects at hand but then again 125-130” avg is Gigi worthy. Will just be very annoying knowing 7 miles away avgs 200” lol  dark blue is 125-150” avg 

6A03515A-75D4-4AD7-BE96-A5D835C288C8.jpeg

• Like 8
14 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

That red dot is basically where my house is. Can def see the valley effects at hand but then again 125-130” avg is Gigi worthy. Will just be very annoying knowing 7 miles away avgs 200” lol  dark blue is 125-150” avg 

All 5 Lakes are at or near record warmth for this time of the year.  Maybe some rocket fuel for you in a few weeks.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Actually has 5 bedrooms lol

Sounds like we can do a multi person phillywx road trip and get snowed in :)

Congrats Tom, Enjoy your new location!

Expecting many pictures!

• Like 2
On 10/18/2021 at 6:16 PM, tombo82685 said:

Didn't last long. Got into another house today. I waived inspection on this house as it's only 9 years old and was completely renovated in 2016. Only thing I'm getting checked out is septic and radon testing. Septic is only 9 years old. For those wondering, this is in Lowville, ny. The house is about 3 miles east of lowville the town about 4 miles from start of Adirondacks. Average snowfall is 125-135" I'm in a valley so it does hurt snowfall a bit thus the 125-135 instead of 200". Though, being in a Valley at 830' you get fig crushing cold

Wow, wishing you the best @tombo82685 and hope the house works out.

Lows this morning ranged from the upper 40's in valley locations to the low 50's on the higher ridges. Today and tomorrow should both reach the low 70's across Chester County before a turn to cooler again starting Friday. Temps look to stay in the 50's for high temps starting on Saturday through next Wednesday. Dry weather until shower chances start to increase on Sunday night. image.png.c46c5c0ba828539e7d9f0b83aa52d44a.png

41 minutes ago, chescowx said:

Lows this morning ranged from the upper 40's in valley locations to the low 50's on the higher ridges. Today and tomorrow should both reach the low 70's across Chester County before a turn to cooler again starting Friday. Temps look to stay in the 50's for high temps starting on Saturday through next Wednesday. Dry weather until shower chances start to increase on Sunday night. image.png.c46c5c0ba828539e7d9f0b83aa52d44a.png

Per Tempest I have 3 59 highs, Sun - Tues, and no lows below 43 through next friday

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Chubbs said:

Per Tempest I have 3 59 highs, Sun - Tues, and no lows below 43 through next friday

Mine says 57 - Sat / 57 - Sun / 55 - Mon / 55 - Tue / 59 - Wed - lowest temp is 41 on Sunday

16 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Found this on Twitter. This is downtown lowville a few years back. This is about 3.3 miles from me about 50’ higher in elev. sidewalk after recent lake effect bomb 

5060AEAD-C222-49CF-848F-FFD143FF3AD5.png

They seem very efficient with snow removal.  Second nature.  With 5br Heisi will be crashing soon enough

• Like 3
1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Found this on Twitter. This is downtown lowville a few years back. This is about 3.3 miles from me about 50’ higher in elev. sidewalk after recent lake effect bomb 

Pretty good snowfall records for Lowville, number of missing months but not bad for a small town of 3500 people.

Seasonal average - 120"

Max - 251" / Min - 53"

Max monthly 82"-84" during December & January. 

Monthly records for November & December are recent, 2018 & 2017.

Mean annual low temp since 2000 is -19. Had a -30 as recent as January 2018.

Another bonus is it hasn't reached 90 degrees in 6 of the past 8 years.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, colonel_kurtz said:

Pretty good snowfall records for Lowville, number of missing months but not bad for a small town of 3500 people.

Seasonal average - 120"

Max - 251" / Min - 53"

Max monthly 82"-84" during December & January. 

Monthly records for November & December are recent, 2018 & 2017.

Mean annual low temp since 2000 is -19. Had a -30 as recent as January 2018.

Another bonus is it hasn't reached 90 degrees in 6 of the past 8 years.

yup, I was getting 126" off the 30 yr avg with some years missing

https://www.weather.gov/wrh/Climate?wfo=buf

12 hours ago, susqushawn said:

They seem very efficient with snow removal.  Second nature.  With 5br Heisi will be crashing soon enough

The 5th bedroom will be listed on AirBnB as "The Heisy".

• Like 3