Temps/Obs/Pcpn/Run-Of-The-Mill Weather Discussion

24 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

92.3 high. Peak heat index was 110 - 90.7 with 80.8 dp (could be high)

Only 88.7 today in the northern part of the county - 22 days 90+ as of yesterday.   The window is closing on 90's for the season in the suburbs.   Hoping Philly can squeeze out some more cheap 90's for the contest, although I may have overshot with my guess of 46.  I'm gonna need a toasty Sept.   BTW my DP maxed at 78.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Getting ready for a cool night.  Nice looking clouds.

Spent the weekend up in Waterville along Pine Creek Gorge. Such beautiful country up there. Leonard Harrison SP was closed due to heavy rains washing out the road in, but the view from the other side

Beautiful day on The Pinnacle, Hawk Mountain

Posted Images

What a dark, dank, nasty day so far. Currently under a flash flood warning and it has certainly been pouring, but I think the worst has been just to my north. Hoping to salvage a few hours of decency later. 

2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

New daily rainfall record at Philly. 3.17 

1 hour ago, cbelke said:

VP2 - 1.98"

Stratus 2.02"

Impressive. 

0.22” IMBY

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Rojojojo said:

Hanging at 71 here in Center City. Does PHL go below 70 in the next couple hours?!?

Yes, phl fell to 69 last evening before midnight ending the 70+ (and 71+) streak at 18 days. I left off an equal sign, so the table I posted above showed 71+ streaks instead of 70. Below are tables for 71 and 70, 3rd and 8'th longest, respectively.

Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 06-18-55 xmACIS271.png

Screenshot 2021-08-29 at 06-20-04 xmACIS270.png

• Like 2
On 8/27/2021 at 1:57 PM, frankdp23 said:

Perfect week in OBX.  Not one drop of rain and sunny.  Ocean was 82 and surprisingly very clear.  

Screenshot_20210822-084545_Textra.jpg

20210825_092842.jpg

I thought the same thing when we were down last week! We stayed in Rodanthe, and the water was very warm and much clearer than usual. I could see the bottom easily in chest/neck deep water. 

• Like 2

Spent the weekend up in Waterville along Pine Creek Gorge. Such beautiful country up there. Leonard Harrison SP was closed due to heavy rains washing out the road in, but the view from the other side was nice too. 

20210828_111328.jpg

• Like 14
On 8/29/2021 at 1:54 PM, mshaffer526 said:

Spent the weekend up in Waterville along Pine Creek Gorge. Such beautiful country up there. Leonard Harrison SP was closed due to heavy rains washing out the road in, but the view from the other side was nice too. 

20210828_111328.jpg

We were there about a month ago, took a weekend up at Cherry Springs SP and stopped along the way. I've been wanting to bike the whole pine creek trail up and back one of these days (or maybe 2, its a good/long ride) but looks like it won't be this summer...and I'd guess the trail is probably washed out too since it's only a few feet above the creek. One of PA's best landscapes for sure! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rockchops said:

We were there about a month ago, took a weekend up at Cherry Springs SP and stopped along the way. I've been wanting to bike the whole pine creek trail up and back one of these days (or maybe 2, its a good/long ride) but looks like it won't be this summer...and I'd guess the trail is probably washed out too since it's only a few feet above the creek. One of PA's best landscapes for sure! 

I am an astronomy nut and am dying to get up to Cherry Springs. Problem is, I refuse to book a trip in advance because there's hardly a guarantee the weather will be good. 

I'm thinking this fall, if a weekend is looking clear, I'm just going to book a motel last minute and drive up with my daughter. 

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

I am an astronomy nut and am dying to get up to Cherry Springs. Problem is, I refuse to book a trip in advance because there's hardly a guarantee the weather will be good. 

I'm thinking this fall, if a weekend is looking clear, I'm just going to book a motel last minute and drive up with my daughter. 

Go to Yellowstone.  I had a new moon when I was out there.1369616979__DSC2322_00140copy.jpg.045e9255a9ee56dd40d2c5bc2f08ce6c.jpg

• Like 6