Temps/Obs/Pcpn/Run-Of-The-Mill Weather Discussion

Bananashadow

11 hours ago, Rainshadow23.0 said:

This was the extent of the 90 hours of consecutive rain forecast by the GFS (GGEM, Euro were not the Sahara either) for our Maryland vacation which did not even amount to 90 minutes.  It was a unique experience because the towers were going up and the shower literally began just after we finished the 14th hole on Tuesday. I am more used to precipitation moving in and seeing it approaching. This literally started dumping on the golf course.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

I was in Sullivan County, PA backpacking from this past Sunday till Wednesday. No model showed more than .75” over the 3+ days. Final total was between 2.5 and 3”. Epic fail.

Through yesterday we appear well on our way to one of the warmest October's in Chester County history with an average temp so far this month running over 6 degrees above normal. So does a warm October mean a "warmer" winter here in the County? Well below are 6 long term National Weather Service observer sites (Coatesville/Glenmoore/Phoenixville/Octoraro Lake, West Chester and Devault). I have ranked the top 10 warmest Octobers and compared them to the subsequent winter. Overall across all of the sites there is a 65% chance of a warmer than normal winter. But that said it is only slightly above normal at just 0.7 degrees across all 6 sites. Snowfall wise 2 seasons were above normal 3 near normal and 5 below normal snow seasons. image.png.ede16bb3d120a316b620871999c7760c.png

• Like 1

Squeezed out an “ok” day for apple picking with the family in northern Bucks Co. No rain and even occasional sun with the cool, gusty wind.

Kids of course had a blast picking nearly 30 lbs of apples!!!😆 

65E85EDD-67D8-4F4A-A47F-AC35EFAB04EF.jpeg

6CF241A1-DA2E-4FBA-AB28-AB8FAC131C13.jpeg

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Parsley said:

Squeezed out an “ok” day for apple picking with the family in northern Bucks Co. No rain and even occasional sun with the cool, gusty wind.

Kids of course had a blast picking nearly 30 lbs of apples!!!😆 

65E85EDD-67D8-4F4A-A47F-AC35EFAB04EF.jpeg

6CF241A1-DA2E-4FBA-AB28-AB8FAC131C13.jpeg

Solebury Orchards!!!  Best apple cider donuts around, and the apple cider is awesome too!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cbelke said:

Solebury Orchards!!!  Best apple cider donuts around, and the apple cider is awesome too!!

Don’t ask me how many donuts I ate. 😆 A great place and run very efficiently on a busy holiday weekend. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cbelke said:

I have to vote for Highland Orchards as the best apple cider donuts.  They are my fav

• Like 1

Very thick cloudcover down here all day, high of only 67 (made it to the 70s last few days) with a stiff northeast breeze. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but I actually kind of like it, felt like October for once instead of the pseudo-August conditions coming up later this week. Sure it gets old after a while but so does humidity and temps in the 80s in mid-October.

11th straight day of above normal temps - should make it to at least 16 before the well advertised FROPA on Saturday night gets us back closer to normal with a reinforcing shot of cooler air by about this time next week.image.png.6357b99cb3b91ff907e75ba71134582c.png