Temps/Obs/Pcpn/Run-Of-The-Mill Weather Discussion

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beautiful day on The Pinnacle, Hawk Mountain

Spent the weekend up in Waterville along Pine Creek Gorge. Such beautiful country up there. Leonard Harrison SP was closed due to heavy rains washing out the road in, but the view from the other side

Posted Images

8 hours ago, mshaffer526 said:

Flash flood watches starting to get hoisted for tomorrow. To my untrained eye it looks like the forecast QPF went up. 

We've only had about 0.07" in the last 13 days. 

Nothing like precipitable water values approaching 2.0" (on Thursday) in late September. When it rains it likes to POUR it seems like these days. We'll have a 4-8 hour window for intense rain in most areas tomorrow. Hopefully, things push through faster than anticipated.

pr.png

• Like 2

In a sense it's almost too bad the front will start moving through before midnight tonight - the overnight low of 73 this morning at both PHL and ACY are almost guaranteed to be a record, but it won't stand if temps drop below that later this evening. Believe me though I'm ready for the lower dews.

Highest wind gust here 26mph since March 26 - rain just 2 miles west of East Nantmeal - WXSIM shows 2.15" of rain today.image.png.d219d1d5e3bb07b62f59d8910f5fbd48.png

A strong line of thunderstorms is developing across Western Chester County PA - temperatures will drop about 10 degrees behind the line as the cold front passes off to the eastimage.png.77a50dbc7821d0eff05009661ce3a9ed.png

This was always a 4-8 hour event. Been raining about 3 hours so far IMBY. I guess the start and end times bumped up a bit. 

Torrential rain and Thunder rolling in here. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

yup gfs had a better handle on timing past few days

Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t seeing things lol. I looked at Hrrr to and it’s starting every model run way too far west every hour. 

7 minutes ago, Parsley said:

This was always a 4-8 hour event. Been raining about 3 hours so far IMBY. I guess the start and end times bumped up a bit. 

Torrential rain and Thunder rolling in here. 

Yep, surprised how much embedded thunder was in that line.  

2.37" on the Ambient here.  Flash flood warnings posted for southern Chester County...no surprise there.  Particularly nasty slug of very heavy rain moving through.

• Like 2
Just now, mshaffer526 said:

Yep, surprised how much embedded thunder was in that line.  

2.37" on the Ambient here.  Flash flood warnings posted for southern Chester County...no surprise there.  Particularly nasty slug of very heavy rain moving through.

Yeah. Another short duration, intense rain event. 

I guess our light rain events will wait til winter. 😭 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1