Meteorological Summer Banter Thread

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tuna fishing today out of Ocean City, Md. Foggy and cool to start, followed by sunny and comfortable. Water temps offshore in the mid-60s.

0.00” this week on the east end of LI. What a difference a few hundred miles and stable ocean air makes. 

It already sold, lol

Posted Images

Not weather-related necessarily, but there was a nice post today from the Mount Holly office about their WCM, Joe Miketta, retiring today after 40+ years of service. I didn't get the chance to interact with him much during my internship there a few years back, but he seemed like a nice guy. For some reason I remember hearing stories about him driving super fast lol, like he would get from Philly to PSU in just 2 and a half hours.

• Like 1

Got through 17 of 18 holes at Jack Frost National before the skies opened up at 2pm.

Was hoping to get through it, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. 

1 hour ago, Chubbs said:

72F in Ocean City, light breeze off the ocean.

IMG_4866.JPG

Pretty close to the "door mat" size. Nice catches!!!

• Like 1
On 5/28/2021 at 5:24 PM, ACwx said:

Not weather-related necessarily, but there was a nice post today from the Mount Holly office about their WCM, Joe Miketta, retiring today after 40+ years of service. I didn't get the chance to interact with him much during my internship there a few years back, but he seemed like a nice guy. For some reason I remember hearing stories about him driving super fast lol, like he would get from Philly to PSU in just 2 and a half hours.

I never rode with him, but I heard that.  The irony of his one traffic accident years and years, someone ran a red light and he got T-Boned. It was not a pretty accident. Joe is a good guy. Very earthed in reality and perspective and always was around during adverse weather conditions.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Rainshadow6.6 said:

I never rode with him, but I heard that.  The irony of his one traffic accident years and years, someone ran a red light and he got T-Boned. It was not a pretty accident. Joe is a good guy. Very earthed in reality and perspective and always was around during adverse weather conditions.

I feel like that is a prerequisite to being a weather forecaster....atleast on the NWS level. Congrats to him. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Harbourton said:

Not sure where to put this but anyway. I have been selected to be a virtual juror in Mercer County. Should be interesting on Zoom.

Make sure your filters are off before you're scheduled to report 😁

Tuna fishing today out of Ocean City, Md. Foggy and cool to start, followed by sunny and comfortable. Water temps offshore in the mid-60s.

bluefin6_7_21.jpg

• Like 14
19 hours ago, Chubbs said:

bluefin6_7_21.jpg

Do you ever not catch fish?!😂

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, irishbri74 said:

Do you ever not catch fishing?!😂

Perfect picture for a seafood restaurant!!! 😉

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Chubbs said:

bluefin6_7_21.jpg

bluefin6_7_21.jpg

I know someone else who is down in Ocean City, but the only thing he caught was traffic.

image.jpg

• Like 4

bluefin6_7_21.jpg

Awesome pic and catch!!

On 6/7/2021 at 9:01 PM, Chubbs said:

bluefin6_7_21.jpg

You could be the new Gorton's Fisherman Advertisement guy!

Gortons-Fisherman-e1530141275963.jpg

• Like 3
On 6/7/2021 at 9:01 PM, Chubbs said:

bluefin6_7_21.jpg

Great catch Chubbs! I bet he put up a good fight. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Chubbs said:

Got skunked to day. First time in quite a while.

If you caught fish every time you went out it would be called "catchin'", not fishin'. 😉 

• Like 2