Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Yawnable Weather Discussion

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sunset 

0.04" last night   Cool week in Adirondacks. 42F the lowest.

I’m down in Virginia visiting Shenandoah National Park. Smoke restricted views somewhat on an otherwise sunny and comfortable day. 

Posted Images

Another pleasant morning, still around 65 currently. Honestly feels kind of bizarre to be able to open the windows this time of year and feel a refreshing breeze come in, besides the fact that we're in the heart of meteorological summer we're also close enough to the ocean that we get influenced by the warm Atlantic temps which typically stops lows from dropping too far and keeping it muggy. Enjoying this nice reprieve until the heat returns.

Kind of interesting with today's Hi/Lo splits of 73.4/58.6 the average temperature for the 1st 2 days of August have been the chilliest first 2 August days on record in Western Chester County PA since NWS COOP records began back in 1894 - average temp of 65.2 which is 9.8 degrees below normal....which of course means some nice heat on the way next week even if you are not a model watcher.....

Took my daughter up to Girl Scout Camp at Camp Archibald in Susquehanna County. We are camping until Wednesday.

Couldn't ask for nicer weather. Going down to 49 tonight. 

20210802_160545.jpg

• Like 7

This may not quite be weather, but it is an interesting feature I was able to film in Ocean City from July 23rd.  It is the full moon viewed from the vantage point of the 10th Street Ferris Wheel looking over the Atlantic Ocean.  Looking to the left near the end, maybe a star or a planet in view, not sure which as astronomy is not my area.

• Like 4

Locally finished July 75.7 degrees, nearby TTN also recorded 75.7 degrees & -1.6 degrees below average over the 2nd half of the month.

Adjusted Tempest precip for the month 5% higher than my 7.79" CoCo bucket total.

(6) real 90 days / (7) if you count the cheap round up 90's

599248697_LMTJul.png.e440fc92e9398181fcf5211ac66e1fe1.png

• Like 3

A bit bummed that this cloudy and cooler weather is occurring while I am down in LBI. Looks like my remaining three days won’t be all that great, and the salt in the wounds will be a bright sunny day when we check out on Friday morning. I actually don’t mind the clouds because I’m not a big fan of having the hot sun beat down on my head in the afternoon (our deck faces west). But right now the wind is off the bay so there’s a bit of a chill and not the best conditions for kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding. Hopefully that changes as the wind veers to more of an easterly direction. Looking forward to a cool night for sleeping but I imagine it might be too chilly to sit outside in the early morning if the wind is off the bay again. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, colonel_kurtz said:

Congratulations, you have mentioned flying the coop over the past year.

You going to continue with the site, pass the torch or another option?

Site will continue, even though I won't be in the area, family still lives here and Philly is always my home and sports team

• Like 10
8 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Site will continue, even though I won't be in the area, family still lives here and Philly is always my home and sports team

Congrats!  Hope you found a great place and area!

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Congrats. Sorry your miserable sports teams will follow you to your new destination 😄

For better or worse, you are stuck with them. I know from personal experience as a NY'er.

• Like 2

My daughter and I saw a brilliant fireball last night about twenty minutes after sunset. I've never seen one that early in the evening. Decided to check the AMS logs and sure enough..

Screenshot_20210804-085639_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Where are you moving to?

7 minutes ago, Colin said:

Where are you moving to?

2 regions I have narrowed down. The Erie to Buffalo area or cortland to Watertown area. House goes on market in 2 weeks @susqushawnis my realtor through all of this. Highly recommend him for those looking to sell or buy in this area 

• Like 6
12 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

2 regions I have narrowed down. The Erie to Buffalo area or cortland to Watertown area. House goes on market in 2 weeks @susqushawnis my realtor through all of this. Highly recommend him for those looking to sell or buy in this area 

I know where to go if i want to chase LES!

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Do you have a spare room for Heisy?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Colin said:

I know where to go if i want to chase LES!

Forgot to mention, northern Vermont. Just actually got a job offer up there today.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Nice. Exciting. 

Good luck with the move! If I was ever to move for weather or snow I would pick the Watertown NY area they get the LE fetch several different ways and even connections at times.

Always fascinating to hear of folks who actually uproot and move for snow or cold....I enjoy snow and cold - but while I have had the opportunity to live wherever I choose for the last 20 years....I enjoy the variety here, the ability to be at the beach or the mountains in 2 hours - and I even like the rarity of big snow years....If we had big snow seasons all the time I would likely get bored of it.....

Safe travels!!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Hopefully those lakes freeze over early this winter. 😉

I will miss ya buddy! We have been talking weather together since 2007 and have enjoyed every minute of it! Enjoy that fake snow! 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Forgot to mention, northern Vermont. Just actually got a job offer up there today.

Have been to Burlington in the summer, can’t even begin to think about how their winters are! Good beer up there too! Best of luck!

1 hour ago, eastonwx said:

Have been to Burlington in the summer, can’t even begin to think about how their winters are! Good beer up there too! Best of luck!

I wouldn’t live in Burlington, warm air floods right up the valley. I’m looking in the Montpelier to Stowe to st Johnsbury area with elev 

• Like 4