Temps/Pcpn/Obs/Yawnable Weather Discussion

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was lucky enough that the clouds cleared down here for about 10 minutes. Got some great shots right over the bay (this was only with my phone, didn't have anything fancier lol)

The Delco/ PHL cell has some really nice structure to it. Beautiful view from my house in West Deptford. Its going to be a close call here - might get us or might slip just north of us.

Posted Images

On 6/18/2021 at 7:55 PM, Animal said:

Just got back from Phoenix.

airport hit 118 yesterday.

2.5 days in the desert was brutal.

local weather station near me hit 121f yesterday. 
was out in Death Valley a few years back and it hit 128 officially.

it’s rough out there..wow

I was in PHX back in the 80's and they shut Sky Harbor down when it hit 122 due to insufficient lift.    I hiked up Camelback Mtn in Phoenix like the dumbass kid/adult that I was, wondering why no one was on the trails.    Did Death Valley a couple times - one time it was 122 in the shade of the car at below sea level Badwater.   There is a massive air conditioner in the restaurant at Furnace Creek that was groaning when we went in.    The golf course at Furnace Creek provides a local humidity island when they irrigate.   Water is plentiful on a couple feet below the surface.    Pretty unbearable in July when it starts out at about 103 at sunrise.

In other news, I don't miss high 60's dewpoints after a some days last week with highs in the low/mid 60's, 30% humidity in the Great North Woods.